• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Grier

Cam's New Arm

I will in no way trash this guy.  The kid was put in a bad situation and it may end up ruining his career.  We wont give him much more of a shot than these 2 games and some preseason work.  We will obviously be looking for the QB of the future and Will is just a sacrificial lamb.  It sucks to suck, and we suck.

Kudos for hanging in there, not many folks would volunteer to stand behind that o-line.  It got Cam killed and they think one of these little dudes is gonna take that abuse?  Just otherworldly stupid. 

The kid show me more gunslinger and playmaker than Allen did in 12 weeks.. He  needs more seasoning.. And more WR's with balls.. 2 of those Ints were CB having more gusto than the WR.. The Ball was put in places for guys to make plays instead of throwing right to the DB like Allen did a few times... If the WR would have put more effort/fight for the ball those would have been big plays..  Add his movement in the pocket which Allen hadn't shown at all.. I think we may have something here... He alone prevented atleast 4 sacks with his movement in the pocket.. Allen would have been sacked and fumbled 3x today.. 

You mean to tell me a rookie third round quarterback isn't ready to be the answer just like some of us told ya'll back in April when those of you who are currently suffering from amnesia were clamoring for us to draft him in the first place just to "be sure"?

Well his first NFL game....

1. A road game 

2.  In a loud dome

3.  On a fast field 

not a good recipe for success 

4.  Then he lost our 1 legit WR

5. Will Grier is a deep ball passer so he needs good OL play to see what he has

I mean, not a shock what happened today. 

16 minutes ago, CRA said:

1. A road game 

2.  In a loud dome

3.  On a fast field 

I did not expect much more. He was playing and trying to not be Kyle Allen. Sacked 5 times and dodged a few more.  Not happy about the picks but a rookie playing from behind and constantly running for his life sometimes gives you that.  

Definitely not the long term answer but can be a backup I think.  

Just now, Wolfcop said:

Allen would have fumbled 5 times and thrown 2 picks. Allen at least had DJ to throw to. The OL and WRs were horrid today. 

Grier was 3x as horrible as Allen. Dude could not even score a TD. That's truly pathetic when you have the best back in the league. 

First start and the left side of the o line is a roundabout and his best WR got hurt first quarter. Not nearly enough sample size to determine one way or another. Preseason is more concerning than this game. We gave up two return TDs, I'm not sure how you evaluate players out here at this point bc clearly the team has given up. 

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

1. A road game 

2.  In a loud dome

3.  On a fast field 

He's not really even a deep ball passer. The only thing he excels at is back shoulder throws. His arm is weaker than Allen's. I still don't see what they saw in him. 

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

First start and the left side of the o line is a roundabout and his best WR got hurt first quarter. Not nearly enough sample size to determine one way or another. Preseason is more concerning than this game. We gave up two return TDs, I'm not sure how you evaluate players out here at this point bc clearly the team has given up. 

Can we stop blaming the Oline. Kungfooddude posted a article that said our line was better than most. So it's obviously Griers fault. 

2 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

We can acknowledge bad o line play when they're getting whooped up front, that's independent of Grier

It wasn't last week when everyone was calling Allen Trash after putting up 24 points on a far superior team than the Colts. 

Archived