• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper, you better be paying attention to this game...

rayzor

1 minute ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

But telling him.to watch? He obviously is watching. If JR was owner, you'd be seeing Ron's miracle 8th win as he keeps his job. Tepper is doing a great job. 

Reading comprehension not a strong suit? 

I didn't say watch, I said pay attention and i said what to focus on and to use as a goal.

Tepper did good in firing Rivera. Job is not nearly done because 1) he's still got hurney paying a significant role and 2) he's looking at some old hat guy like McCarthy.

Just because he fired Rivera doesn't mean he's headed in the right direction. Who he hires and what he does with hurney will give us a clearer idea. But right now, job is only partially done.

And the fact that he's better than JR isn't saying much. Bar is low there, and I'm saying that as someone who wanted Tepper to buy the team as soon as I found out he was interested.

33 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Because what you're seeing Payton doing is what you want your new coach to do.

Go all out to embarrass the other team or risk getting embarrassed yourself.

Don't hire the safe guy. Don't hire the guy that plays it safe.

Forget getting someone who thinks their main job is to be a good mentor and who is hung up in some archaic notion of sportsmanship.

Hire someone who is ruthless, mean, nasty, and will surely be hated by the rest of the league. Hire someone who doesn't let up....ever. Someone who believes it's not enough to knock a team down, but who will kick a team after you've knocked them down. 

And btw, Rivera....this is how you coach a damn football team. This is how you win, and if you don't seek to do this each and every week, you don't deserve an HC job. 

Ps, Mr Tepper...re: the pile of poo wearing blue and black out there, don't be fooled. Hurney is responsible for that. Don't let him screw up another new start. Don't let him pick the next coach and don't let him pick the next roster. This is what you should expect from him. Poo. Piles and piles of poo 

Thanks for listening.

I think the Eagles HC said something along the lines of "playing conservative gets you 8-8." That stuck with me ever since I read it. I think he said that after they won the SB. 

36 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Because what you're seeing Payton doing is what you want your new coach to do.

Go all out to embarrass the other team or risk getting embarrassed yourself.

Don't hire the safe guy. Don't hire the guy that plays it safe.

Forget getting someone who thinks their main job is to be a good mentor and who is hung up in some archaic notion of sportsmanship.

Hire someone who is ruthless, mean, nasty, and will surely be hated by the rest of the league. Hire someone who doesn't let up....ever. Someone who believes it's not enough to knock a team down, but who will kick a team after you've knocked them down. 

And btw, Rivera....this is how you coach a damn football team. This is how you win, and if you don't seek to do this each and every week, you don't deserve an HC job. 

Ps, Mr Tepper...re: the pile of poo wearing blue and black out there, don't be fooled. Hurney is responsible for that. Don't let him screw up another new start. Don't let him pick the next coach and don't let him pick the next roster. This is what you should expect from him. Poo. Piles and piles of poo 

Thanks for listening.

The hypothetical coach you describe above is something which a meddling owner could never stand.  Because that kind of coach wouldn't put up with the intrusion.

In other words, don't hold your breath.

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

On the flip side of the coin:

if 95% of the players don’t care and the GM is an idiot, why should we care anymore? 

This is the drawback of a league that ensures that total loser franchises still make tens of millions dollars per year.

In other words, the NFL along with Carolina Panther's executive management DON'T CARE if you don't care anymore.  It doesn't effect them one way or the other.

Archived