• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Elliott declines interview with Carolina

ellis

6 hours ago, bobowilson said:

I'm supposed to believe the 39year old runnings back coach of Clemson turned down an interview to make tens of millions of dollars as a head coach in the NFL

Probably didn't want to be the token Rooney rule interview

People he knows probably told him he wasn't a serious candidate

I've seen this being reported  over the years

Its great to know that Tepper is reaching into all areas to uncover the next coach.  Elliott’s is making a big mistake if he thinks this is merely a Rooney Rule interview.  Tomlin had one year DC experience when he basically came out of nowhere and blew the Rooneys away.  IMO this is exactly the type of candidate that Tepper is trying to find. 

8 hours ago, bobowilson said:

I'm supposed to believe the 39year old runnings back coach of Clemson turned down an interview to make tens of millions of dollars as a head coach in the NFL

He isn’t the RB coach. 

He is the co-OC

all coaches don’t go for “promotions” just because.   Because a lot already have good jobs and don’t want to run out the door to potential bad spots for them. 

Look at Clemson’s DC for example.  Arguably the best DC on all of college football.  Dude could of been a HC years ago if he wanted it.  

I’m not actually buying this story.  Panthers still have to find a way to check off the Rooney Rule and Elliot might be looking to do some PR for himself and start building his name as the other OC just took at HC gig. 

Archived