• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Edit: Cowboys To Begin Candidate Interviews - Garrett To Be Gone

bobsfoodbasics

4 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

What better way to do that and become the OC for the Redskins!! 

Or the Giants.

Don't know if those are real options though. I've read that Rivera already has something like three OC options, including the current OC Kevin O'Connell.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's been speculated that Jones might be trying to get him to do that.

I think most of us would respond to that suggestion using our middle fingers.

I bet a concocted position made up for him by Jerry pays better than an unemployment does.  

Chief Assistant to the GM...or some crap.  And with way less pressure?  Could be a good gig.

I live in Frisco, TX - 5 minutes from the Cowboys HQ.  Lots of talk around here about him staying in a different role.  It's a family thing.  Garrett has two other relatives that work for the Cowboys.  So I guess leaving could complicate things a lot.  I think Jerry also sees him like a son and doesn't want to hurt him too much.  Problem I'm hearing from the fan base (damn near every party I went to over the holidays) is that Cowboys will lose the fan base if Garrett stays HC.  But Jerry doesn't like been told what to do by anyone, let alone the fans.  Also mix in the fact that Jerry wants to win another SB and then step down in the next couple years.  Replacing the HC, even with the talent the Cowboys have, would probably delay that a few more years. 

1 minute ago, RenoCarolina said:

don't we have enough freakin' cowboy drama in the national media?

and yes, I know by remarking in this thread I am encouraging further BS.

if it affects the Panthers search I'm clicking in.  Have no clue how any sane adult can be a cowboy fan.

It actually might. Matt Rhule is speculated to be a guy the Cowboys want.

I still don't know how much of this to believe. Word was the entire Cowboys staff was fired the other day, but that turned out to be false.

Granted, Ed Werder has always been a prime source for Cowboys info.

1 hour ago, DamnItJake! said:

Not sure he would be in hot demand for a HC position.. might get a coordinator role!! Just can’t see Garrett being highly sought for after his average record in Dallas 

I doubt people will be running to hire him either after what he did to Wade Phillips. Dude is a complete jerk and makes Sean Payton look like a choirboy. 

53 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Barely. .559 to .546. The Cowboys have had it easier in that division. 

He only made the playoffs 3 times in 10 years, Even Rivera made it 4 in 9.

Correct. One year we had a losing record though.  Ugh.

Archived