• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fullback injuries

Hairless Cat

Doubt it. For the time being, we'll probably use a tight end in that position for the interim while Fiametta and Hoover recover.

Hoover is possibly the physically toughest player the Panthers have ever had (I remember watching them reset a badly dislocated finger of his on the sidelines after a kick coverage and he was back on the field one play later) and he'll be back soon. I'm not sure that he won't retire at the end of the season, but both he and Fiametta need game time this year so that his successor will be prepared for that day.

Fullbacks are so underappreciated around the league and I'm so glad that Panther fans have cheered him on so much throughout his career. First rate fullback and a first rate guy overall.

Doubt it. For the time being, we'll probably use a tight end in that position for the interim while Fiametta and Hoover recover.

Hoover is possibly the physically toughest player the Panthers have ever had (I remember watching them reset a badly dislocated finger of his on the sidelines after a kick coverage and he was back on the field one play later) and he'll be back soon. I'm not sure that he won't retire at the end of the season, but both he and Fiametta need game time this year so that his successor will be prepared for that day.

Fullbacks are so underappreciated around the league and I'm so glad that Panther fans have cheered him on so much throughout his career. First rate fullback and a first rate guy overall.

Yep, and when it comes to practical jokes, he's the master.

Fullbacks are so unappreciated around the league and I'm so glad that Panther fans have cheered him on so much throughout his career. First rate fullback and a first rate guy overall.

Really his hands out of the backfield are priceless. He is a very underrated receiver.

With that say I would love to see some twin back sets. I mean Dwill ,Goodson, Goodson, Stewart, Stewart, and Dwill. Now thats a nightmare for a D coach.

You can't just "bring someone in". It takes a long time to learn the plays, learn your RBs favorite angles (and block that way for them), and to gel with said RB. It also takes a great FB to plow through the line as if they had the ball themselves and have your RB follow you.

Both being out worries me a lot.

Someone should do the research to see what our run game did in the games Hoover was out this season.

Archived