• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting 3 rd mock

raleigh-panther

7 minutes ago, Catsmiaow said:

Do you genuinely think he will invest a high pick again after using so much capital last year? I just don't see him admitting his error- it would have cost him his job. 

Little's injuries put him in jeopardy and Daley was what, a 5th or 6th round pick?

Hurney doesn't care about capital.  He just spent a 3rd on Grier and probably gonna draft another one this year.

Jordan Love is being compared to Patrick Mahomes as far as arm talent and being from medium sized football program. Too hard to say and I know teams are gonna be looking for the next Mahomes. But I know Mahomes got elite coaching with Reid. I’d be intrigued if we drafted him but it’s a risk.

48 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Here is what is a stake imo. If the Panthers efforts to fix the o-line fail, then we are going to be raking leaves on Sundays, or doing something else with our time. The QB we put back there will be injured badly. Little is a project with a major concussion in his past and terrible technique. We have two "red alert" needs on the o-line, LT and center. If those problems are not fixed then I don't need to watch the games to know what will happen. It's obvious.

Thomas is a good pass blocker who isn't as powerful as you would hope with the run. Derrick Brown might compare most closely to Ndamukong Suh. The Panthers picks decide what we're going to be doing on Sunday.

I agree but getting a FA LT with a history of high play and no recent injuries but older should give us a guaranteed level of play. Taking a Center in the second this year looks to about guarantee us a franchise level guy, this is a opportunity that doesnt present every year. Both of these moves should allow us a 10th to 15th place line to begin with and most likely improve as the year goes along as it will be a fairly young line outside of LT and RG. If you play Paradis at LG then that would be one more older player. This is a much better line then we had last year and probably better then most of Cams career.

As far as Brown goes I'm hoping for more of a Hloti Ngata, a powerful double team taking run disrupter that on passing downs can harass the qb, if he isnt of that level then there could that CB sitting there as well. Our defense was most of the problem last year giving up far too many points and yds per rush avg. Even with Kyle Allen behind a worse line then what I am proposing was able to March the team down the field, alot of our problems came in the redzone due to not being able to pound the rock up the center( due to Paradis being weak) and bad redzone play calling. The playcalling should be fixed with Brady being innovative and a high level strong rookie center with better guard play should generate better push allowing us to score 6 instead of 3.

Just now, TheRumGone said:

Jordan Love is being compared to Patrick Mahomes as far as arm talent and being from medium sized football program. Too hard to say but I know Mahomes got elite coaching with Reid. I’d be intrigued if we drafted him but it’s a risk.

If he could be had in the 4th (hes being projected by Walter football around there) I'd say it's a good gamble any earlier and we are risking a starter this year.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Easily could. There’s 7 elite guys it seems in this draft now that Tua declared and Herbert is a wild card, among others (Jones, Haskins, Ferrell and Lindstrom all went before Burns).

With Burrow and Young as no brainers, there’s five more guys who could go anywhere in 3-7. Okudah, Thomas, Jeudy, Tua and Brown. None of those guys would be a surprise to go before or at 7. I’m really glad Tua declared because that locked us in at an elite guy no matter what. This is also why Marty does well in the first. When there are 7 elite guys and you pick 7th, it’s hard yo screw it up. God forbid he draft well after that.

Good point---in January, we have no idea what late April is going to bring--but six players are going before us---there are 3 teams between 1-6 that are believed to be going after QBs.  Chase Young is a Redskin.  I think there will be a run on QBs early---Burrow, Tua, and Herbert.  Then there is always that team--say Detroit in this case---or the Giants----that takes some player everyone had going in the late first or early second.

Anyone who says anyone other than Burrow and Young won't be there is guessing.

10 minutes ago, Rags said:

We're not just drafting for next year. All things considered we're probably not going to be competing next year.

One rookie OT won't make or break how bad our o-line is, especially since the worst of the o-line has come from the interior. 

I'm not against drafting an OT but I hate the tunnel vision surrounding it.

Ummm...did you actually read and COMPREHEND what I wrote? Because your post makes it sound like you missed my point completely. The fact we are not only drafting for next year is PRECISELY why it’s imperative to fix the Oline first. If a Shiite oline gets your Qb hurt, the consequences of that can stretch out years into the future, wheras a crap run D does not have similar far reaching consequences.

4 minutes ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

Little's injuries put him in jeopardy and Daley was what, a 5th or 6th round pick?

Hurney doesn't care about capital.  He just spent a 3rd on Grier and probably gonna draft another one this year.

I think Littles injuries were freak, did he have a history in college? Even though they were severe it doesn't scream end of career like some are saying around here. Dayley wasn't supposed to play last year but did good for where he was drafted, he should improve further and play better at guard. 

11 minutes ago, MMA said:

There’s a reason why franchise QBs are drafted in the 1st round. 

You mean like Joe Montana (3rd), Drew Brees (2nd),  Brett Favre (2nd), Russell Wilson(3rd), & Tom Brady(6th)? What about Kurt Warner & Jake Delhomme (undrafted)? 

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

People are talking like he could go top 15.

That's the thing, its far too early to be talking qbs tbh, I'll be looking at them harder after the combine. They have a high bust rate imo and that's the only thing that scares me, rarely do you get a top 10 pick and I want a once in a decade player.

8 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Ummm...did you actually read and COMPREHEND what I wrote? Because your post makes it sound like you missed my point completely. The fact we are not only drafting for next year is PRECISELY why it’s imperative to fix the Oline first. If a Shiite oline gets your Qb hurt, the consequences of that can stretch out years into the future, wheras a crap run D does not have similar far reaching consequences.

I read your post, but that's your opinion. It's not a fact that O-line is how you start a rebuild. 

You don't have to build o-line first. If you're rebuilding you want to add talent, period. 

Brown has been widely considered to be a top 3 talent this draft. And to get him at 7 wouldn't just fill a position of need but also add an immense talent to our roster. That should be our goal, be it OT, DT, WR, CB, LB what the fug ever.

O-line is great, and we super undervalued it in the past. But we have a top 10 pick, we don't need to lock on at ANY position right now. 

10 minutes ago, BurnHurnBurn said:

So you are basing your decision to move on from two developmental player playing a position that normally takes a year or two to adjust to the speed and develop your mechanics by making assumptions/excuses to draft a T?

Whoever you draft will be developmental--will give up sacks as a rookie and will struggle to adjust to the speed of the game---that natural LT, like Joe Thomas or Tony Boselli, who can jump in and be productive, does not come around often. 

Yes, Little had some concussion issues that led to his lack of preparation for the season.  He has the skills and gifts to be a good OT.  Any player in the league is one play away from retirement.  We actually have 2 rookies that looked like rookies at LT. 

At DT, we have KK Short and .......?

Take the BPA--re are rebuilding. You do not have to take an OL with the first pick to address the OL concerns.  If Okudah is there--take him.  If Jeudy is the BPA, take him. 

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

You mean like Joe Montana (3rd), Drew Brees (2nd),  Brett Favre (2nd), Russell Wilson(3rd), & Tom Brady(6th)? What about Kurt Warner & Jake Delhomme (undrafted)? 

Two words: Jamarcus Russell.   I agree that it is lazy-minded to think only 1st round QBs are the safest way to go.  That's the reason you have to look at players individually; past program hype, systems and records.  

Archived