• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How long do you give this coaching staff?

Khaki Lackey

1st year tanking,2nd y half half,3th y make playoff      

2013     Temple     2–10     
2014     Temple     6–6
2015     Temple     10–4     
2016     Temple     10–3
2017     Baylor     1–11     
2018     Baylor     7–6     
2019     Baylor     11–3

2 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

One season to learn how to coach in the NFL. If they don't have a winning record the following season, it's open season on insults.

Wow at some people willing to wait three seasons.

I would agree if it were just the coaching, but the roster is in shambles right now. Hence the three year leeway.

I want to see progress and fire.  AZ was a good example this year with Kliff.  Had some iffy games early (Like when they lost to that scrub Allen) but KK turned it around there and had them with momentum and keeping up with top teams by the end of the season. 

I want to see a decent pulse and build-up and not some low barely alive pulse year one. 

We'll know if something good is coalescing after a few seasons but don't forget sometimes you can find out it's a mistake earlier than expected.  I'm super hopeful.

Toats.

Berries and Oats.

8 hours ago, Khaki Lackey said:

For the few of us that are optimistic about the new coaching staff. How long do you give them before you turn on them and start calling for their heads? (to the crybabies that wanted to keep Ron or hire some retread, stay the fug out of my thread. There are dozens of others you can spew out the same nonsense over and over.)

Me personally? If I were a coach, with a rebuild situation, I would want at least three years before I were judged. There are going to be some growing pains, no doubt. 

(Bonus content:) When Rivera get his one and only winning season in Washington in 2021, people on here will lose their minds. It will be amusing. Enjoy. 

Lol...tough guy

On 1/21/2020 at 3:50 PM, t96 said:

As antsy as people can get, I’d give them 4 years at a minimum. It really does take time to build up a program from the start like is happening now with Tepper and Rhule changing a ton of things. As long as there is improvement and it isn’t disastrous, 4+ years makes sense. Say we go 1-15, 4-12, 7-9 in the first 3 years, you stick with it and year 4 better be playoffs. I don’t think we’re going to follow the trend of these McVay, Nagy, LaFleur types with a great first season or two and then drop off—and I don’t want that to happen. If it’s truly disastrous like 3 straight seasons with minimal improvement and 5 or less wins each year then yeah you probably move on, but gotta give it time and give them a shot. 3-4 years +

I’m sorry. If we go 1-15 and then 4-12 this staff should be fired. 

5 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

I’m sorry. If we go 1-15 and then 4-12 this staff should be fired. 

Maybe if Cam is fully healthy and balling out and we still have those records, but if we commit to a huge overhaul and rebuild, with no QB this year it’d be retarded to only give him 2 years—and Tepper will have more patience than that. It takes time to build a consistent winner from scratch.

3 hours ago, t96 said:

Maybe if Cam is fully healthy and balling out and we still have those records, but if we commit to a huge overhaul and rebuild, with no QB this year it’d be retarded to only give him 2 years—and Tepper will have more patience than that. It takes time to build a consistent winner from scratch.

If Cam isn’t the QB this year then the QB of the future better damn well be on the Roster. This isn’t hard. I’m not down with sacrificing seasons. You know who sacrifices seasons? Bad teams that stay bad. Ron won 5 games this year AFTER losing two with a hurt Cam. 5 games this season should be the floor not the ceiling no matter who the damn QB is. It’s sickening how acceptable you are of mediocrity. Good teams don’t go 1-15. Show me a team that has ever won 1 game and then won a super bowl within the next 10 years. 

10 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

If Cam isn’t the QB this year then the QB of the future better damn well be on the Roster. This isn’t hard. I’m not down with sacrificing seasons. You know who sacrifices seasons? Bad teams that stay bad. Ron won 5 games this year AFTER losing two with a hurt Cam. 5 games this season should be the floor not the ceiling no matter who the damn QB is. It’s sickening how acceptable you are of mediocrity. Good teams don’t go 1-15. Show me a team that has ever won 1 game and then won a super bowl within the next 10 years. 

Jimmy Johnson with the Cowboys 1-15 his first year, then 7-9 then playoff loss, followed by 2 straight Super Bowl wins.

Win/loss record doesn’t mean a sacrificed season at all. Rhule and Tepper are tearing this whole thing down and building from the ground up. All of the development and putting processes in place in the next couple years can set us up for success in the future.

And why in the world would we feel the need to get a QB this year? That’s retarded. You evaluate what the options are and go from there. If we fall in love with and have the option of getting someone like Burrow, Tua, Herbert or whatever then great. But you can’t try to force it with QBs you aren’t 100% behind. No FA QB is a long term option except Dak I suppose but he’s not leaving Dallas. Next year’s QB class is stacked. And it’s not like we’re actually in a position to contend if we get a QB this year. We could get Mahomes in his prime this year and still probably aren’t anything more than a fringe playoff team.

On 1/24/2020 at 12:38 PM, t96 said:

Jimmy Johnson with the Cowboys 1-15 his first year, then 7-9 then playoff loss, followed by 2 straight Super Bowl wins.

Win/loss record doesn’t mean a sacrificed season at all. Rhule and Tepper are tearing this whole thing down and building from the ground up. All of the development and putting processes in place in the next couple years can set us up for success in the future.

And why in the world would we feel the need to get a QB this year? That’s retarded. You evaluate what the options are and go from there. If we fall in love with and have the option of getting someone like Burrow, Tua, Herbert or whatever then great. But you can’t try to force it with QBs you aren’t 100% behind. No FA QB is a long term option except Dak I suppose but he’s not leaving Dallas. Next year’s QB class is stacked. And it’s not like we’re actually in a position to contend if we get a QB this year. We could get Mahomes in his prime this year and still probably aren’t anything more than a fringe playoff team.

Then why get rid of Cam this year? For what?

And Jimmy Johnson? Really? You have to go back two decades?

Archived