• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How long do you give this coaching staff?

Khaki Lackey

For the few of us that are optimistic about the new coaching staff. How long do you give them before you turn on them and start calling for their heads? (to the crybabies that wanted to keep Ron or hire some retread, stay the fug out of my thread. There are dozens of others you can spew out the same nonsense over and over.)

Me personally? If I were a coach, with a rebuild situation, I would want at least three years before I were judged. There are going to be some growing pains, no doubt. 

(Bonus content:) When Rivera get his one and only winning season in Washington in 2021, people on here will lose their minds. It will be amusing. Enjoy. 

As antsy as people can get, I’d give them 4 years at a minimum. It really does take time to build up a program from the start like is happening now with Tepper and Rhule changing a ton of things. As long as there is improvement and it isn’t disastrous, 4+ years makes sense. Say we go 1-15, 4-12, 7-9 in the first 3 years, you stick with it and year 4 better be playoffs. I don’t think we’re going to follow the trend of these McVay, Nagy, LaFleur types with a great first season or two and then drop off—and I don’t want that to happen. If it’s truly disastrous like 3 straight seasons with minimal improvement and 5 or less wins each year then yeah you probably move on, but gotta give it time and give them a shot. 3-4 years +

3 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

5 for SB.

I wouldn’t put any type of deadline on SB win. If we have consistent playoff appearances with some wins sprinkled in you don’t fire the coach just because no SB win within 5 years. What if the Chiefs had given up on Andy Reid?

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

These guys won't make it out of training next season before folks on here will be calling for their heads.

True. I just wanted to see what most people‘s timeline looked like. I believe that perennial playoff team should be the goal. I think it will take a minimum of 3 years. After 5, the seat would start getting hot if I were Tepper. I would hate going through a 3 year rebuild just to end up with a Rivera-like halfway decent every other year type thing.

I would like to say 3 years to show competence and ability to compete for a championship. At any point they start being ridiculous then that's when I would turn. From the little I have heard, they appear sound in knowledge and ability. They still have a hell of a learning curve ahead of them but I am hopeful on that they can pull this off. 

I'm already over the preachy talk from Rhule. I'm not looking forward to having to sit through more of it. 

Archived