• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PSL Owners Losing Seats for Luxury Suites

GRWatcher

16 minutes ago, ChapelHeel80 said:

I think it might be kind of cool. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not in the market, plus these will be corporate suites anyway; cool concept none the less. You’ll have the big a$$ video board at the other end to aid you. 

That's the truth. The vast majority of suites at corporate clients. I basically had my own private suite for Broncos games for a couple of years because the company I worked for had a suite there despite the fact that I was the only employee based in CO. It was a pretty sweet setup.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's the truth. The vast majority of suites at corporate clients. I basically had my own private suite for Broncos games for a couple of years because the company I worked for had a suite there despite the fact that I was the only employee based in CO. It was a pretty sweet setup.

Damn dude what’d you do for them ?

*imagined conversation at their HQ*

”Boss shouldn’t we get rid of the Broncos suite? It cost 70k a year and we’ve only got 1 employee in the whole state.”

”Negative. That one employee is Linville Gorge.”

”Ohhhh, yeah I guess you’re right.”

8 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Damn dude what’d you do for them ?

*imagined conversation at their HQ*

”Boss shouldn’t we get rid of the Broncos suite? It cost 70k a year and we’ve only got 1 employee in the whole state.”

”Negative. That one employee is Linville Gorge.”

”Ohhhh, yeah I guess you’re right.”

Sales.

I have no idea why they had that suite. They still had it when I left the company, but the company has since been bought out so they may not have it any longer. It was a terrible investment for them. I would occasionally take customers but it's not it helped me close deals or anything.

Got the call today.  I’m taking the cash.  My guess is I’ll look back on this in ten years and feel fortunate  that my seats were confiscated and I got some value out of it before the new stadium is built. 

The options of where to move were garbage.  The 125% of original purchase price is a slap in the face, but that’s what you get when dealing with a billionaire. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Really roughing it out there

3 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

Got the call today.  I’m taking the cash.  My guess is I’ll look back on this in ten years and feel fortunate  that my seats were confiscated and I got some value out of it before the new stadium is built. 

The options of where to move were garbage.  The 125% of original purchase price is a slap in the face, but that’s what you get when dealing with a billionaire. 

Tepper gave 1500% ROI on Jerry’s purchase. It’s not about money though for me..I legitimately don’t want to give up seats/going. It’s fact that PSL guaranteed rights to that seat as long as team was in that venue. How they get around that in contract I don’t know. I will speak with WBTV tomorrow 

15 hours ago, Shufdog said:

If people don't go to the games, you don't get to watch it on TV. (Locally)

If its blacked out on TV then the networks get no revenue from advertisers since no ratings or target market exists if the game is blacked out............as a result no revenue for the networks..............and no money to pay the NFL for carrying the games to begin with.

Revenue sharing from TV to teams is shot..........and the NFL is up poo creek then...........

You control the NFL but they have you thinking they do...............the very definition of sheep......

15 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The suites were a sweet setup aye? LOL

I can't afford suites, but anytime I've been able to be in one its been thru companies.  My uncle had connections so we could go out to a suite to see Pistons games (lived in Michigan at the time).  The beer was free and I was new to drinking.  I remember being so drunk one time that I literally couldn't figure out who had the basketball.

Another time was in Louisiana and my wife's friend had connections.  I'm not sure how everything works out when you own a suite at a multi purpose venue, and I never asked.  I just knew that her connection had no interest in seeing Martin Lawrence or Katt Williams, so we got the suite for free for those events. 

As silly as it sounds, what I like best about suites is how close the bathroom is.  When I thought I was going to a Chiefs game I got tickets at the back of the upper deck, because I was told you can use the bathroom in the Ford Fun Zone that's right behind those seats.  I never went so I was never able to confirm it.

21 hours ago, TipToeTyler said:

Tepper gave 1500% ROI on Jerry’s purchase. It’s not about money though for me..I legitimately don’t want to give up seats/going. It’s fact that PSL guaranteed rights to that seat as long as team was in that venue. How they get around that in contract I don’t know. I will speak with WBTV tomorrow 

I just saw a story on WBTV about the end zone seats. Was that you they interviewed?

Years ago first PSL's were upper level 500's, i sold them and bought two seats in the 200's. I sold those and bought two seats in each end zone. After selling those i bought two seats, section 110 row 18 seats 7 and 8. After all the years of buying and selling i had about S13,000 invested in the 110 section seats. i later sold them for $26,000,doubling my money. I only by tickets from a broker for select games at the present and feel sure that is what i will continue to do.

Archived