• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PSL Owners Losing Seats for Luxury Suites

GRWatcher

I got a call from the Panthers at 6:15 tonight and already had the psl map up. Thank you for that Panthers. I asked the very nice girl if she had been getting yelled at she surprisingly said no. But I think she was lying because when i was conciliatory at every angle she seemed to relax and sigh in relief.

I told her I wanted to get two premium seats and turn in my other two tickets for cash. A1? Nope. A2? nope. B1? Nope. 

Map for reference https://www.panthers.com/tickets/psls

Fine how about Club 2? Yep. Fine. So i am paying $400 a game for nothing. But there are reasons this works for me.

Also they are sending me a check for $6300 so that pays for most of year one tickets...

10 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Yup. They’ve made the decision year after year to not sell them at current value. Surely they’ll be happy with 1/4 of that.

I’m curious to know just how many good options there are for the seat relocation.

Panthers where selling seats they want to give 3,000 for 7,500!!, thats just rubbing their face in it. 

Shame on ALL you no good boot-lickers. Its never right to defend wrong, you people have no shame. 

9 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Panthers where selling seats they want to give 3,000 for 7,500!!, thats just rubbing their face in it. 

Shame on ALL you no good boot-lickers. Its never right to defend wrong, you people have no shame. 

It sucks. Though I'll save my outrage for something that matters.

Say bootlicker a few more times.

6 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

It sucks. Though I'll save my outrage for something that matters.

Say bootlicker a few more times.

Im a man of the right people, and this is a attack of the people. I hope they all get together, take this to court and win.

1 hour ago, Happy Panther said:
1 hour ago, Happy Panther said:

I got a call from the Panthers at 6:15 tonight and already had the psl map up. Thank you for that Panthers. I asked the very nice girl if she had been getting yelled at she surprisingly said no. But I think she was lying because when i was conciliatory at every angle she seemed to relax and sigh in relief.

I told her I wanted to get two premium seats and turn in my other two tickets for cash. A1? Nope. A2? nope. B1? Nope. 

Fine how about Club 2? Yep. Fine. So i am paying $400 a game for nothing. But there are reasons this works for me.

Also they are sending me a check for $6300 so that pays for most of year one tickets...

You'll like the Club seats. Just make sure you get the shady side.

2 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

Can you lend Bull123 $20?

1 hour ago, TipToeTyler said:

Got my phone call...the options for moving are straight trash!  From a row 5 aisle right at corner end zone to basically 15 rows back, no aisle or corner. 

I am getting the feeling there are not enough options for everyone to be accommodated. Will see how it pans out...

8 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

PSL's are a better way to finance a stadium than scamming taxpayers for the money. Are there downsides? Sure. Is it better than killing any raise for teachers for the next 50 years, forcing your kids 3rd grade heartthrob just out of undergrad to work the pole on the weekends so she can pay her rent? Or leaving no money in the building fund so the schoolhouse their both in doesn't fall down around their ears? Or god forbid in this state we ever spend any real money on roads or infrastructure, just as long as a highly profitable private business gets lots and lots of tax money to build stadiums and then get absolutely all the advantages from said stadium including naming rights.

Yeah PSL's aren't perfect, but until someone comes up with a better idea than forking over tax money, I'll take em.

You know the city gets money back right? Atlanta did both state financing and PSLs, you can rest assured it will be done either way. The reason the city pays the money is the revenue that stadium will bring to the economy. Businesses, hotels, and the taxes spent on things in the stadium thrive. 10 home games a year, people travel to Charlotte to see their team... That wouldn't happen without the Panthers. Don't kids yourself. Half the United states don't have a NFL team, those teachers are not getting raises. Social security is failing and you have to go to court many times to get your benefits, while wellfare has a program where you can get your foodstamp cards within hours. Let's not blame the NFL for the worlds problems. 

The stadium will also host concerts and NCAA events, so that gives even more incentive. A new stadium would also be promised a Super Bowl, the city will get their money back.

10 minutes ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

You know the city gets money back right? Atlanta did both state financing and PSLs, you can rest assured it will be done either way. The reason the city pays the money is the revenue that stadium will bring to the economy. Businesses, hotels, and the taxes spent on things in the stadium thrive. 10 home games a year, people travel to Charlotte to see their team... That wouldn't happen without the Panthers. Don't kids yourself. Half the United states don't have a NFL team, those teachers are not getting raises. Social security is failing and you have to go to court many times to get your benefits, while wellfare has a program where you can get your foodstamp cards within hours. Let's not blame the NFL for the worlds problems. 

That's not what this expert on sports economics has to say on the subject:

https://news.stanford.edu/2015/07/30/stadium-economics-noll-073015/

The notion that stadiums benefit the economy is not based in reality. It's a nice story that people who want public funds regurgitate ad naseum. There is zero factual evidence to back it and considerable evidence to the contrary.

The reason politicians get behind public money for stadiums has a lot more to do with fear of backlash from fans than from any sound economic data. I love football, and I love the Panthers, but you and I are not a majority of taxpayers and it's unfair to use everyone's tax money for special interests that don't have broadbased public benefits. Football stadiums do not. PSL's, whatever their shortcomings, do not pilfer the public purse to benefit private businesses.

Archived