• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TE

Jared Patterson

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm hoping that Samuel will be a big beneficiary of Brady's offense and I hope Cam's shoulder is good. Honestly, even after the foot injury last year, he showed more velocity than he had in a long time. His deep throws weren't there but the arm looked good.

Samuel is a gadget guy and I think that's about all he will ever be. Not really his fault but we need more players that can high point the ball and get big in the end zone. Under Hurney we have once again gone small at WR. Idk why he loves to draft small at that position but even back to under Fox he did that. As of right now without Olson we have Ian Thomas and that's it. Not a really good thing if you ask me. 

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Samuel is a gadget guy and I think that's about all he will ever be. Not really his fault but we need more players that can high point the ball and get big in the end zone. Under Hurney we have once again gone small at WR. Idk why he loves to draft small at that position but even back to under Fox he did that. As of right now without Olson we have Ian Thomas and that's it. Not a really good thing if you ask me. 

Gettleman drafted Samuel. And signed Jarius Wright. 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Gettleman drafted Samuel. And signed Jarius Wright. 

And Hurney Drafted Moore and signed Chris Hogan. While getting rid of Funchess. We had a big guy when Samuel was drafted. We didn't replace Funchess with anyone. That left us without a big body in the red zone. 

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

And Hurney Drafted Moore and signed Chris Hogan. While getting rid of Funchess. We had a big guy when Samuel was drafted. We didn't replace Funchess with anyone. That left us without a big body in the red zone. 

I would love to add a big body WR to the corp.. That will add versatility and matchup problems to other defenses...

7 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I would love to add a big body WR to the corp.. That will add versatility and matchup problems to other defenses...

It's something we missed last year and Hurney does a horrible job of finding. Maybe it's changes but it hasn't in 18 years with Hurney. 

27 minutes ago, Snake said:

Funchess was trash. Moore is 6'0" 210 pounds. That's not a jumbo WR, but that's not a small guy. Chris Hogan is 6'1" 220.

I'm honestly not sure of your point.

Roll with Ian Thomas 

While Brady isnt super familiar with him.   Matt Rhule was the first coach to offer Thomas a scholarship while at Temple.

And yes we will need someone to back him up.   But that can come mid rounds, with the top 3-4 rounds and FA being focused on glaring needs.

I'd go the route of keep one, sign/trade for one, draft one.

This is actually a pretty decent TE draft class if you are looking for receiving TEs, not so much for traditional in-line TEs. I really like Hunter Bryant out of Washington as a receiving threat but he can't block to save his life. Cole Kmet  from ND and Brycen Hopkins from Purdue might have the most to offer as the "full package" right now in terms of decent blocking and receiving. Adam Trautman from Dayton seems like the hot name right now. Athletically gifted but super raw at the TE position. 

FA wise - Give me Hunter Henry. He will probably be at the top of every teams list that has a TE need. He's a terrific blocker and we have seen what he can do in a passing game. Only concern is injury history with him. I've seen it speculated he might set the TE market, but I'm not so sure he will get high guarantees with the injury plagued seasons he's had. I think we can get him for about the same price we were paying Olsen. Outside of Hooper and Ebron, there isn't much there I like to fill a primary TE role. Maybe throw a dart at Tyler Eifert or Luke Willson. Levine Toilolo might be a good choice to replace Manhertz.

Trade option - Dallas Goedert or OJ Howard. Not saying either of these guys are available, but they should be looked into. Goedert is burried behind Ertz in Philly and has 2 seasons left on his rookie deal. OJ Howard seems to have fallen out of favor in in Tampa. 1 year left on his deal and I don't see them picking up his 5th year option. Might be able to revive himself in Joe Brady's offense. 

3 hours ago, NYPantherFan said:

I'd go the route of keep one, sign/trade for one, draft one.

This is actually a pretty decent TE draft class if you are looking for receiving TEs, not so much for traditional in-line TEs. I really like Hunter Bryant out of Washington as a receiving threat but he can't block to save his life. Cole Kmet  from ND and Brycen Hopkins from Purdue might have the most to offer as the "full package" right now in terms of decent blocking and receiving. Adam Trautman from Dayton seems like the hot name right now. Athletically gifted but super raw at the TE position. 

FA wise - Give me Hunter Henry. He will probably be at the top of every teams list that has a TE need. He's a terrific blocker and we have seen what he can do in a passing game. Only concern is injury history with him. I've seen it speculated he might set the TE market, but I'm not so sure he will get high guarantees with the injury plagued seasons he's had. I think we can get him for about the same price we were paying Olsen. Outside of Hooper and Ebron, there isn't much there I like to fill a primary TE role. Maybe throw a dart at Tyler Eifert or Luke Willson. Levine Toilolo might be a good choice to replace Manhertz.

Trade option - Dallas Goedert or OJ Howard. Not saying either of these guys are available, but they should be looked into. Goedert is burried behind Ertz in Philly and has 2 seasons left on his rookie deal. OJ Howard seems to have fallen out of favor in in Tampa. 1 year left on his deal and I don't see them picking up his 5th year option. Might be able to revive himself in Joe Brady's offense. 

Hunter Henry is going to get paid. With our serious needs in the trenches and Thomas having shown promise, I just don't think we have the luxury of spending big money on a TE.

Archived