• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TE

Jared Patterson

I think Ian has shown enough to contribute. Manhurtz will also be in the mix. If we can add a young body then thats not a bad thing. I'm on the fence with Ian. I have see good flashes but he still isn't a lock. I am not excited about Manhurtz but if we don't bring in anyone then we at least make it through the year and worry about thay next offseason. We just have so many issues, needs and places were we need to improve beyond replaceable.

I think we finally ditch Rivera's pet project, Manhertz...bring in a mid-level FA and draft a day 3 guy.  I still am not sold on Thomas being a TE1. The physical attributes are there, but he seems to still struggle concepts of the position.  Whether he's ready or not, it's his opportunity to shine with Greg gone.  

15 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

With so many holes, I think it's a luxury to take a TE anywhere higher than the 5th.  I am personally not mocking one until the 6th or 7th rounds.

This kid is going to be fun to watch, a former QB, he has a lot of abilities.  Brady could be very creative.  Agreed that we have a lot of holes.

He looked great at Senior Bowl and will do well at Combine.  He will probably not last until the 4th anyway

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think Thomas can be pretty damn good. I would like to see us add a mid-level FA to upgrade our #2 spot. Manhertz is a #3 at best.

Thomas dropped catchable balls, and last year our QBs didn't throw a lot of those, so it stung.  We knew he was raw coming out.  I think he's capable and should be even better this year.  But I'm all for getting another one.  If Ian goes down, we have nothing as far as weapons go.

Archived