• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FA targets....

Panfan35

8 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Why the hell would anyone want to re-sign McCoy?  He played 2/3 of the defensive snaps and had 15 tackles--5 of the sacks--because he just rushed the qb. When he saw that there was no ring in his future, he started tanking. 

No way.

I doubt we sign anyone in their 30s. Why bring in some aging vet trying to squeeze a few more drops out of their careers while preventing youth from developing?

Ruhl put kids on the field and developed them.  He was not getting talent at Temple or Baylor--but in 3 seasons, they were competitive.  RR is gone, folks.  Time to adjust.  "

I look for us to grab cuts that were bad fits.  Give them new homes.  See what they got.

I agree, but with our cap situation we may have to sign some. At the least if we building a system around the players we have we need to stay with the 3-4 and sign some true 3-4 DEs not 4-3 DTs. If we move back to the 3-4 we will have to release all our edge rushers and totally rebuild the front and LBs. Because we have no MLB ,SOLB and DEs. That's a huge rebuild people have overlooked. 

This is going to be a rebuilding year, so I think the key is to stop holding onto our older players on the down side of their career, and sign some youth.

Targets:

NT - DJ Reader

or

NT - Javon Hargrave 

Either shores the line up in the middle, which is a gaping wound without drafting a guy like Brown. This allows us to address the LBer spot with a guy like Simmons in the draft, or a LT with Thomas, Beckton, or Wilfs

G - Joe Thuney 

Plugs a hole on the line for a long time.

Do that and you try to bring back Bradberry. You quietly fill some needs and free yourself up to make more impactful moves in the draft.

For some reason I really want to try and get josh Rosen from the Dolphins he just got on two bad football teams but he is not a bad player he was baited as best pure passer to come out in several years when he got drafted 2 years ago in the top 10. His first two years he has been put in bad situations 5 different offensive coordinators. 
Rosen has great arm talent and with Brady and our new system I think he would thrive. What are anyone else’s thoughts on this ..

39 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Birthday cake is a deceptive participation trophy. Early on they are so easy to get you hardly notice. But the more of them you collect, eventually the harder it becomes to get the next one.

im on a multi year streak im looking to keep that streak alive figuratively and literally. 

If we keep cam we should be active this free agency and try to give us a shot to be competitive and there’s no reason to count us out. But if we get rid of cam then it’s full rebuild and we shouldn’t sign anyone and save cap for year 3 and go crazy 

Archived