• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jordan Love..

WOW!!

23 hours ago, saX man said:

Both Mond and Newman could make big strides next year and be ahead readiness wise to where a lot of these popular 2nd tier guys are this year. 

I see 4 legit options if they pan out.  BUT...

Last year at this point, people were high on Love and Herbert (After Tua) thinking it would be a loaded class but then the season happened, Burrow emerged, and expectations tempered dramatically.     

Mond could be next year's darkhorse.  Not as much as Burrow was this season, but I could see him compete for the #3 spot.

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Mond could be next year's darkhorse.  Not as much as Burrow was this season, but I could see him compete for the #3 spot.

Both Mond and Newman are set up for some great success in their respective programs so I can see both looking quite awesome this next season. 

FOr Mond--A&M is getting everybody back as well and Jimbo is in his 3rd season.  Now he had some iffy games in 2019 against the elite teams but now is his time to progress as a passer.  He's a jekyl and hyde QB but all it takes is getting past the hump and he's in the type of program that will make or brake. 

On 2/16/2020 at 6:04 AM, jfra78 said:

I like him, but not in the first round and not at 7 as Cowherd suggested

First, he won't be there in the second round, I'd take him if we traded down a few spots.

But in Cam is traded we should take him at #7 unless Judy is available, but I'd rather trade up for Herbert.

Since 2020 is going to be a waste it would be good to use the season to train Cam's replacement so they'll be ready to go hard in 2021.

This is what I'm hoping happens: Either Tua or Herbert drops to 7, and Gruden with the Raiders really want their new QB.  Raiders have 12 and 19, they trade them both to us for 7.  With 12 we get one of the top OL prospects, and 19 we get Love. We keep Cam, and Love sits for a year (or two) learning under Cam, and if he's back to amazing, then we can Garralopolo away Love. 

I like Love more than Herbert, but would need to sit and learn for a year.

7 hours ago, tijo said:

This is what I'm hoping happens: Either Tua or Herbert drops to 7, and Gruden with the Raiders really want their new QB.  Raiders have 12 and 19, they trade them both to us for 7.  With 12 we get one of the top OL prospects, and 19 we get Love. We keep Cam, and Love sits for a year (or two) learning under Cam, and if he's back to amazing, then we can Garralopolo away Love. 

I like Love more than Herbert, but would need to sit and learn for a year.

I'm okay with the not sitting part.. If he does enough in camp to prove he can start .. Start him...

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001102631/article/threeround-2020-nfl-mock-draft-20-trades-shake-up-round-1

I know its a mock but they make a good point about what type of qb rhule likes.  It has us trading back up in the first to get love.  I am kindof numb to that idea.  Not sure what to make about him.

I’d hate it. Losing what could be pick 33 next year and pick 38 this year when we’ll be in position to potentially get a true franchise QB next year and not another project.

I really hope we focus on Grier knowing that we’ll know if there’s any chance (hint there isn’t much) and if he does as poorly as I expect we are in good shape for the top pick in 2021.

Archived