• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KK Short

Jared Patterson

Surprised people haven't talked about trying to trade Short. He is 31 and is not going to be apart of a rebuild. He is still a top 10-12 DT in the league. I heard on the radio today that we should look to trade him and I completely agree. I understand his contract is way too expensive and Hurney screwed us yet again, but could we get a mid round draft pick for him?

Wasn’t that bad of a contract and the team would have looked silly letting both KK and Star walk. Also didn’t help that Vernon Butler never showed any promise. 

With that said, it of course depends on what you get in return. Don’t just trade him to trade him. Let’s say you draft Derrick Brown, it wouldn’t hurt to have Short by his side to mentor him. There is definitely value to keeping a few vets on the roster 

19 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Surprised people haven't talked about trying to trade Short. He is 31 and is not going to be apart of a rebuild. He is still a top 10-12 DT in the league. I heard on the radio today that we should look to trade him and I completely agree. I understand his contract is way too expensive and Hurney screwed us yet again, but could we get a mid round draft pick for him?

He is not a top 10 DT. He has injury concerns. He’s on a horrific contract. He’s a typical Hurney paid him for what he did, riding the coat tails of his farewell contract into retirement.

We will be eating his contract per usual, he will never be what he was, bet on it.

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

He is not a top 10 DT. He has injury concerns. He’s on a horrific contract. He’s a typical Hurney paid him for what he did, riding the coat tails of his farewell contract into retirement.

We will be eating his contract per usual, he will never be what he was, bet on it.

Why Im saying we should trade him before the year starts. Do you not think we could get anything for him?

1 hour ago, CBDellinger said:

Hurney didn’t sign KK to the contract extension.  Gettleman did.  

KK never should have been signed to that kind of money after one good year to begin with. Classic example of ‘everything clicking’ during a contract year. He’s was paid as a top 2-3 DT he’s averaged top 15 since.

Archived