• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Team hosting DE Chris Smith (Update: SIGNED 1 year deal)

Untouchable

His length and versatility make sense.

EDIT:  I'll add this because I'm trying to get a sense of the players the staff likes, his athletic profile from the 2014 draft is below.  Better athlete than 76% of players in NFL.

Height 6010
Weight 266
Arms 34.125
Hands 9.5
Wing 83.125
40 yd 4.66
10 yd 1.66
Shuttle 4.46
3 Cone 7.37
BP 28
Vertical 37
Broad 10.08

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

His length? He's 6'1". 8.5 career sacks over the course of six seasons. Looks like camp fodder with a chance to maybe get a roster spot.

I expect we will see a lot of these types of guys. Give them a chance but also easy to move on from. We need a ton of them this year if we aren't throwing stupid money around in free agency.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

His length? He's 6'1". 8.5 career sacks over the course of six seasons. Looks like camp fodder with a chance to maybe get a roster spot.

34-1/8" arms @ 6'1" is great length yes.  And yes, he shouldn't be viewed as anything but potentially a depth piece.

EDIT:  83-1/8" wingspan too

Just now, Waldo said:

I expect we will see a lot of these types of guys. Give them a chance but also easy to move on from. We need a ton of them this year if we aren't throwing stupid money around in free agency.

Yep. At the end of the day, we gotta field a roster somehow.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. At the end of the day, we gotta field a roster somehow.

Well if this was the plan we should still have alot of the AFL players numbers.. So we can atleast field a expansion team..

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

In fairness, Charles Johnson was 6-2, but anyone can find an exception to a rule. 

Archived