• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis SR & Ted Ginn Jr bring Arena Football to Charlotte

GRWatcher

Not surprised by TD... must say Ted Ginn being involved is a total surprise.  I wish them both well in this new venture.

And honestly, I wouldn't hate having Ginn back as a backup and deep threat next year.  Letting him go in 2017 was underrated in how bad it hurt us and helped the Saints.

32 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Not surprised by TD... must say Ted Ginn being involved is a total surprise.  I wish them both well in this new venture.

And honestly, I wouldn't hate having Ginn back as a backup and deep threat next year.  Letting him go in 2017 was underrated in how bad it hurt us and helped the Saints.

I thought I was the only one angry at us getting rid of essentially our #1 from the past two years to give Russell Shepperd more money.

9 hours ago, RASTAN66 said:

Amazing how many successful/wealthy athletes (former & current) make the entirely voluntary choice to vaporize a large sum of their own personal cash.

SMH.

Well they probably saw up close and personal the opening in the market for a football team in Charlotte.

12 hours ago, RASTAN66 said:

Amazing how many successful/wealthy athletes (former & current) make the entirely voluntary choice to vaporize a large sum of their own personal cash.

SMH.

Who knows what being an owner entails and what the financial obligations are. This seems like a barebones operation for sure. I mean http://carolinacowboyz.com/ doesn't even work. 

TD and Ginn are older and i would hope are past the dumb investments. But I would bet whatever investment they made will be gone in a couple of years. Who is going to watch arena football?

As an aside I used to do some work with the Charlotte Rage. Like typing up the play by play and we got to sit on the field. I sat in the box with some NHL announcers one time tracking data. I completely screwed it up but the paid me $100. It was entertaining for a while.

Archived