• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

The numbers are going down because of social distancing. I hope nobody forgets that and tries to act like this wasn’t a big deal. Most countries completely shut down because of it. It’s a huge deal. It will continue to be a deal until there is a vaccine/method of treatment. 

Hong Kong relaxed their social distancing conditions and experienced a second surge. Folks do not seem to understand that a reduction in infection rates does not mean the disease is less contagious, it just means that socially engineered methods for dealing with the virus until a vaccine is pushed out are working.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Icege said:

Hong Kong relaxed their social distancing conditions and experienced a second surge. Folks do not seem to understand that a reduction in infection rates does not mean the disease is less contagious, it just means that socially engineered methods for dealing with the virus until a vaccine is pushed out are working.

That would mean we would have to use, said socially engineered solution until a vaccine could be developed. Hence, why I don't think sports or anything will return to normal until that vaccine is developed, or it will repeat itself.

We’re probably not gonna have an NFL season so y’all should keep that in the back of your minds. It’s possible they do games with no fans but even then some players will not want to do it. Have to remember these players have families who maybe at risk. This is doom and gloom because this virus is doom and gloom based on facts and science. Some of y’all need to mentally prepare. 

2 minutes ago, philit99 said:

That would mean we would have to use, said socially engineered solution until a vaccine could be developed. Hence, why I don't think sports or anything will return to normal until that vaccine is developed, or it will repeat itself.

My real fear is that some countries, or administrations may exclaim that they have a working vaccine without the proper testing procedures. We need that vaccine and to hell with the consequences. Then the vaccine cause some other ailment. We cant rush this, or it will be even worse than it is today.

34 minutes ago, Icege said:

Dude, idk. There is a TB thread for this already. On top of that, why was the Eric Reid thread PROACTIVELY CLOSED (by a moderator with a history of bias against Reid and those with similar political leanings no less :thinking:)?

Every week I spend more and more time on the Panthers subreddit than I do here. Which is a shame too, because message boards (albeit a money sink for those that run them) have been where I've made some of my best friends while discussing different hobbies/passions of our's.

To quote an old cliche, it is what it is.

I’ll have to check out the panthers subreddit. I was banned from r/NFL for making a joke about Matt Ryan and also banned from R/college basketball for talking too much crap about the University of New Jersey at Durham and that really turned me off of reddit in general. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

We’re probably not gonna have an NFL season so y’all should keep that in the back of your minds. It’s possible they do games with no fans but even then some players will not want to do it. Have to remember these players have families who maybe at risk. This is doom and gloom because this virus is doom and gloom based on facts and science. Some of y’all need to mentally prepare. 

As I’ve said before, I really think college FB is in danger. Especially when you have idiot coaches like Dabo and Gundy willing to jeopardize the student athletes. Not a good look. 

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

My real fear is that some countries, or administrations may exclaim that they have a working vaccine without the proper testing procedures. We need that vaccine and to hell with the consequences. Then the vaccine cause some other ailment. We cant rush this, or it will be even worse than it is today.

Yep, there is no way in hell my wife and kid are getting a vaccine that hasn’t been through significant clinical trials. Yes, I know that would take years.

10 minutes ago, Icege said:

That’s what I’m worried about here. Once this thing begins to level level off and decrease - the government (one idiot in particular) is going to yell at the top of its lungs that we defeated the democrat hoax virus and let’s get back to be America again. Go to bars, vacation, sports back on, have unprotected sex with strangers, etc and there will be another devastating wave before fall

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

As I’ve said before, I really think college FB is in danger. Especially when you have idiot coaches like Dabo and Gundy willing to jeopardize the student athletes. Not a good look. 

What did Dabo say? 

I know many college programs would be in dire financial trouble if a season (with full stadiums) doesn’t happen. 

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

What did Dabo say? 

I know many college programs would be in dire financial trouble if a season (with full stadiums) doesn’t happen. 

Just typical elitist, contradictory behavior from Dabo. Telling people to stay home and save lives and then is found to be using private jets to take his family on vacations. He also went on some ignorant rant about how if the US can bomb a country from 1000 miles away and put a man on the moon we can beat this virus and play football. Just stupid poo you would expect a meat headed redneck football coach to say.