• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Just now, 4Corners said:

Nebraska Men’s basketball team has been quarantined inside locker room because they think Fred Hoiberg was coaching with Coronavirus. What a complete moron and selfish asshole. I think it will be hard for him to recruit after this. 

Watch this gif. The young assistant to his left is practically bathing in hand sanitizer. The older assistant to his right seems to be agonizing over the decision to stay sitting there or bail on this situation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bigtengeek/status/1237921261717729282?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1237926172283015168&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231237926172283015168

6 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

That whole "not eating for two months" is gonna be tough.

If you don't have enough can goods in your house to last you 2 months you are doing yourself a disservice.

My family has enough to last us at least 3 months. We got a closet with nothing but water. We get delivered huge jugs of water once every month actually.lol

Edited by Real1zOnly

7 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Nebraska Men’s basketball team has been quarantined inside locker room because they think Fred Hoiberg was coaching with Coronavirus. What a complete moron and selfish asshole. I think it will be hard for him to recruit after this. 

Just saw the video on Twitter. Definitely a selfish thing to do. Could you imagine if someone's grandma was there then later got sick and died from the virus? He would have blood on his hands. 

2 minutes ago, Real1zOnly said:

If you don't have enough can goods in your house to last you 2 months you are doing yourself a disservice.

Not just canned goods. Dry items like rice, beans, vegetables, and dried spices are all something that are fairly cheap to buy and easy to store if you are creative. I'm not saying you have to go full prepper mode, but having a 3 months supply can be acquired over the course of a year passing on a take out meal, cigarettes or Starbucks. Water can be a bit more of a task, especially in urban areas. 

Just now, philit99 said:

The point is you become a carrier to infect others unknowingly. People just don’t understand you can’t even look at the numbers that are being reported. MOST PEOPLE DO NOT show any symptoms, therefore they are not being tested. It is already in your community guaranteed. States don’t even have enough to tests on hand. This is already worse than you think, that is why the NBA and NCAA is shutting things down.

Truly asymptomatic? Uncommon. Honestly, it would probably be fair to use the word rare. Mild symptoms that could easily be construed as a run if the mill cold? Yep, very common. Approximately 80% of cases. Most of those people likely aren't seeking treatment and would go undiagnosed even if tests were widely available, which they aren't.

5 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

Just saw the video on Twitter. Definitely a selfish thing to do. Could you imagine if someone's grandma was there then later got sick and died from the virus? He would have blood on his hands. 

Assuming he and the rest of us make it through this - how would you feel letting your kid play ball there? These coaches are supposed to help and protect these kids not put them in danger so you can hit a pay bonus. Very selfish on his part and Bullets for other programs to negatively recruit against you 

Just now, Car123 said:

What about Italy?

Their average age is about 47. They're one of the older populations in the world. It's not surprising their mortality rate is trending higher but the current 8% is pretty damn alarming. It's not likely to improve with their healthcare system overrun. I'd be lying if I said I trusted the numbers coming out of China.

• Pie 1