• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Something I found very interesting is that the data that Colorado is using for their models is accounting for 82% asymptomatic under the age of 30, 53% asymptomatic between the ages of 30-59, and 21% asymptomatic age 70+.

Iceland has the highest percentage of testing in the world and they're finding that overall 50% of the cases are asymptomatic which if you do the math for the Colorado modeling, it probably averages out to accounting for an overall roughly 50% asymptomatic rate.

While an overall 50% asymptomatic rate seems like a positive thing for the individual since you have 50/50 odds of not experiencing any symptoms if you contract this disease, from a pandemic control standpoint it's an absolute nightmare. The idea of only isolating the sick gets tossed right out the window. Widespread testing or stay at home protocols become the only real control mechanisms. Given that we don't have the capability of widespread testing, that only leaves one option. The 82% asymptomatic rate in people under 30 is highly likely why the first step virtually everywhere has been shutting down schools. Young people aren't just possible asymptomatic carriers, but likely asymptomatic carriers. 

15 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Thanks. It’s not unsafe. It’s just not a risk free drug. Of course, those risks are small in contrast to people not being able to breath. Giving this drug to those with mild symptoms might not be a great idea though.

But I hear it will clean any fish tank

On 4/6/2020 at 9:10 PM, stirs said:

You can watch him on video

On 4/6/2020 at 7:14 PM, Happy Panther said:

Do it. He is going to tell you why Walmart is a good thing. Be warned.

I need to kick my own ass. Shame on me for being a libertarian and not knowing Milton Friedman. Honestly disappointed. We share a few views, another reason why I consider myself an independent libertarian and walking alone.

HWRJryL.thumb.png.b0e2f71a84eac7d3ea5b514fd8ec7d9e.png

Thanks and  I'll study up when time permits.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, stirs said:

In many cases yes, nothing official yet however, so we will probably be in the next round of virus' this fall before it is "a thing"

There is no mitigated factual evidence that chloroquine does anything. 

What you and bull should be paying attention to is this Japanese drug. Remember this doesn’t stop severe(pneumonia) cases. But can be used as a treatment for the high percentage of mild cases. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/18/japanese-flu-drug-clearly-effective-in-treating-coronavirus-says-china

Edited by Harbingers

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

There is no mitigated factual evidence that chloroquine does anything. 

What you and bull should be paying attention to is this Japanese drug. Remember this doesn’t stop severe(pneumonia) cases. But can be used as a treatment for the high percentage of mild cases. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/18/japanese-flu-drug-clearly-effective-in-treating-coronavirus-says-china

Bull is grinding his ax about this Chloroquine drug, you are grinding your ax against Trump.  I am just saying it has been used a few times and had limited success.  Neither it nor the Japanese drug will make it into our systems until fall, so no use getting excited, nor making it off limits for discussion.

25 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Stop it with chloroquine. No actual study or doctor backs this up as a definitive “treatment”. 

In fact the CDC just scrubbed it from the website. 

It may help some, it may not.  We have no idea yet.  I just laugh when people act like its not a real drug already in use, just so they can grind their axe a little more against Trump.  We get it.

Edited by Wes21