• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 hour ago, CaliPanthers said:

Trump isn't a normal politician. He hates being wrong. You just got to let it go. He knows in his heart he has been wrong even if he denies it and lies. But Democrats have been on him since he even won the election, if you cant see that your blind. 

Let it go? “Let it go”? He is the leader of the free world, and the worst person imaginable to handle a disaster or catastrophe. We are forced to watch in dismay as he continues to blame others for his own faults. I suppose we should let the country go while we’re are at it. I am blaming his administration for finding new ways to turn Americans against each other, all during a crisis. Whether I like him or not is irrelevant. However, he is not promoting unity and patriotism during our greatest time of need.

If this thread is to be reserved for facts regarding the coronavirus, then Trump should be completely omitted from this thread and any facts that are discussed. Trump’s credibility should dismiss anything he states as fact.

Edited by philit99
  • Poo 2

2 hours ago, CaliPanthers said:

Well its a lie because your trying to imply that the rest of the world should have taken those warnings especially Trump.

That wasn't my post, but yes Trump & others should listen to the WHO in such matters.

But on Jan 23rd the WHO said its not a global emergency and travel and trade should not stop. So he wasn't too worried, no?

On January 23rd it wasn't a global emergency. What the WHO said on the 22nd was confirming that it could pass from human to human. 

Why are you trying to imply the shield was saying they were saying it was a global emergency?

Trump gets called a racist xenophobe for the travel ban on jan 30th. Was that a good call?

No. Mainly because he didn't put a general restriction on out of country travel as a whole. If a Chinese person who's infected goes to Italy & sits next to an American on a tour bus, infects the American, & the American comes home & infects others, banning travel to China just delays the inevitable.

(That's also why it was a racist move btw.)

Edited by 332nd
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, CaliPanthers said:

Well with Trump

Really good economy.

Low unemployment

Started addressing problems with China trade. 

Started addressing the mexico boarder

Prison reform. Even Van Jones gave credit to Trump. 

Tighter restrictions on food stamps. Not giving so many a free ride. Living in california, i got many stories. 

Put restrictions on mexico which has help stopped caravans from south america. 

Stood with the people of Hong kong as the NBA submitted to china. 

Help give orders to take out iranian general. Democrats took irans side. 

Put sanctions on Iran instead of giving them money to create nuclear weapons. 

All while being investigated by the Democrats since his 1st day in office. Not too bad. He is not perfect though. 

“Good economy” 

“low unemployment” 

how embarrassing for you. 

• Poo 2

23 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

“Good economy” 

“low unemployment” 

how embarrassing for you. 

Prior to this pandemic, we were seeing tremendous economic growth and historically low unemployment.

if you want to blame him for the economic impact that this pandemic is having (it is decimating economies all over the globe) , then you have the iq of a head of lettuce.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

Why can't this thread be closed or moderated to keep the CONSTANT political talk out of it. Yall are obsessed with pointing fingers at someone and arguing. It's pathetic. 

We've tried to stay pretty hands off in this one, but yeah it's starting to get a little ridiculous.

Let's try to redirect the conversation back toward the pandemic and away from purely political issues. I realize they're heavily entwined, but the thread is getting pretty derailed at this point and we'd like to keep it here in the main forum.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

I posted this a few pages back. Pretty incredible. I’m sure the actual infection rate is off the charts in NYC. 

I would love to take this test since I had a really strange flu like illness in mid February.

I had what I thought was a case of bronchitis back then. Nonstop dry cough, felt weak, no fever.

New York alone has about a third of all cases in the US and about 46% of all deaths at this stage.

If you bring in NJ and CT, which are the states that are typically connected with NYC, then the percentage of US deaths is close to 60%

Very much the hottest of hot spots

51 minutes ago, CaliPanthers said:

Well with Trump

Really good economy.

He came into office with a really good economy.

Low unemployment

The unemployment rate was 4.8 when he came into office. And it was 3.5 at its lowest rate in his administration.

Started addressing problems with China trade. 

So American consumers are paying for the tariffs and American taxpayers are paying for the Farmes welfare. You know that right? Whats good about that?

Started addressing the mexico boarder

Why "address mexico" only,   when most of the people that are in the country illegally are come in from the west and take a lot of the really good paying jobs. Again short sighted and kinda racist. 

Prison reform. Even Van Jones gave credit to Trump. 

Yep. He should get credit for that. I wish he would apologize for wrongly accusing the central par 5 however. But then again he never really admits nor address his mistankes.

Tighter restrictions on food stamps. Not giving so many a free ride. Living in california, i got many stories. 
Yep. cracking down on the poor. But not relaxing rules on the rich. No gold star for that. 

Put restrictions on mexico which has help stopped caravans from south america.

Address this one alread. 

Stood with the people of Hong kong as the NBA submitted to china. 

No he didnt. Lip service kinda. 

Help give orders to take out iranian general. Democrats took irans side. 

Put sanctions on Iran instead of giving them money to create nuclear weapons. 

So the US came to a deal that stop them from creating Nukes. And gave them back THEIR money. Most all intelligence communities agreed that it was a good deal included the US. Now they are creating a nukes. That situation is way worse. Tell me why cant Iran have nuke in the first place?

All while being investigated by the Democrats since his 1st day in office. Not too bad. He is not perfect though

. McConnell on Obama. "My job is to make sure Obama is a one term president". Dont talk to me about democrats not working with Repubs. It's like that fiasco Benghazil. What a joke. You just dont wanna know. Only ONE of the NINE points you made is valid. And you left off all the things he screwed up. The deficit, something Republicans claim the care about but dont. NK fiasco. His personal gain of the tax payer money.. on and on. 

34 minutes ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

Why can't this thread be closed or moderated to keep the CONSTANT political talk out of it. Yall are obsessed with pointing fingers at someone and arguing. It's pathetic. 

He came into office with a good economy. The only difference is he blew up the deficit and ONE PERCENTAGE POINT lower. Was it worth it?