• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

36 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

It's just the flu folks.

It's not just the flu but in non heavily concentrated areas like NYC, it hasn't been the firestorm that was predicted or even close. The "numbers" have been bullshit from the start and hospitals have manipulated them to get government funding. Just happened to a friend of mine yesterday that was put into a room with a positive covid-19 patient and now she has to be quarantined in the hospital for 5 days because she may have contracted it. The hospital didnt know even though she had a high fever and was coughing like mad. 

People are going to die from this. No way around it. I may be one of them and I've accepted that. But the policies put forth have for the most part been completely ignored where I live. Parks were still being used. People still at stores in masses. Handing food back and forth through drive throughs. Kids were still hanging out together. You have to weigh the bad vs the bad and make a decision. The problems aren't the same in NYC that they are in podunk Iowa and shouldn't be treated the same. 

The problem has always been among the politicians and no one wants to admit that they didnt do enough so they have gone totally overboard. Covid-19 isn't the flu but it isn't Ebola either. 

Instead of bailouts that did virtually nothing, the money should have been spent to aid those at risk, the populace should have kept working within reasonable limits, and we deal with the harsh reality mother nature and something one billionth our size can kick the poo out of us. 

On 5/25/2020 at 1:35 PM, GOAT said:

my new favorite thing is going to be seeing all of these reports of large gatherings / people going back to normal / having fun - only to never hear of any sort of mass outbreak or spike in numbers.

report after report, video after video, then silence. no mass outbreak or spike to follow. but before anyone can be called out, a new video will surface.

rinse, repeat. this thing is heading in a positive direction for the time and people are still trying to stir poo up and keep the misery going lmao.

A post that aged well

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

I can not believe four months into this global pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of people and has impacted the USA in numerous ways; there are still virus-truthers crying about it not being a big deal and not giving a poo about protecting ourselves and family. Even with scientific data and expert testimonials about how serious this virus is, people are more concerned about getting haircuts and not being forced to wear a mask because it’s communist. American people are the dumbest, most entitled, biggest pussies on earth. 

The scientific data is flawed. It's based on those that were tested. But how many people were refused testing that were sick and how many people got covid and never knew it because they were asymptomatic yet still contagious? I know at least 10 people who were told they weren't sick enough to be tested, myself being one of them. So why on earth would I believe the scientific data is accurate when I and others I knew weren't allowed to be part of it?

How many pictures and videos of the media sensationalizing or fabricating stories have been shown? Dozens. Hundreds. We have been given plenty of reason not to trust the media and that goes for Fox, CNN, MSNBC and others. Its all about ratings, accuracy be damned. 

People are acting based on what they have actually experienced. In a lot of areas, especially less population dense ones, people have been interacting with other people for months without any problems. Now they realize that a lot of  businesses have to open now or they never will.

Businesses can dictate how they operate, like Costco requires everyone to have a mask to enter. Restaurants and stores here had already implemented distancing, more sanitary practices, gloves and masks before it became a requirement and the government shut them down. I had implemented policies for safety and distancing before it was required. We had a handle on how to deal with this long before the "experts" and did a much better job. If a business wants to operate outside of the recommended minimum safety standards, then they shouldn't be allowed to receive government assistance. 

Regulations and restrictions should really be locally controlled. They have a much better understanding of what the community needs and can handle vs a politician whose only worry is getting re-elected. If locals can't handle it, then call for help from the state and national level. It doesn't seem that hard. It's been working here just fine. 

24 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The scientific data is flawed. It's based on those that were tested. But how many people were refused testing that were sick and how many people got covid and never knew it because they were asymptomatic yet still contagious? I know at least 10 people who were told they weren't sick enough to be tested, myself being one of them. So why on earth would I believe the scientific data is accurate when I and others I knew weren't allowed to be part of it?

How many pictures and videos of the media sensationalizing or fabricating stories have been shown? Dozens. Hundreds. We have been given plenty of reason not to trust the media and that goes for Fox, CNN, MSNBC and others. Its all about ratings, accuracy be damned. 

People are acting based on what they have actually experienced. In a lot of areas, especially less population dense ones, people have been interacting with other people for months without any problems. Now they realize that a lot of  businesses have to open now or they never will.

Businesses can dictate how they operate, like Costco requires everyone to have a mask to enter. Restaurants and stores here had already implemented distancing, more sanitary practices, gloves and masks before it became a requirement and the government shut them down. I had implemented policies for safety and distancing before it was required. We had a handle on how to deal with this long before the "experts" and did a much better job. If a business wants to operate outside of the recommended minimum safety standards, then they shouldn't be allowed to receive government assistance. 

Regulations and restrictions should really be locally controlled. They have a much better understanding of what the community needs and can handle vs a politician whose only worry is getting re-elected. If locals can't handle it, then call for help from the state and national level. It doesn't seem that hard. It's been working here just fine. 

Where is your medical research degree or medical training from? 

Edited by 4Corners

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've had guns pulled on me twice in my life. Both to by cops. fug 'em. I have zero use for them.

After the first time you didn't learn a lesson and modify your behaviour?

Agree with your stance on mass gatherings.

PS...one day you will, and they will be there for you despite your incredibly poor attitude.

Edited by RASTAN66
  • Pie 1

50 minutes ago, RASTAN66 said:

After the first time you didn't learn a lesson and modify your behaviour?

Agree with your stance on mass gatherings.

PS...one day you will, and they will be there for you despite your incredibly poor attitude.

The behavior of asking the cop for my buddy to reach into the glove compartment to retrieve my insurance and registration, the cop saying yes, then his partner pulling a gun and screaming like a psycho? That behavior?

Need them like the time a bear broke into my house and was between my wife and the exit, she called 911 in a panic and the news van beat the cops there (they took over an hour)? Or maybe that time tweakers broke into my truck while I was moving to Colorado and stole my wife's identify from the documents they stole. I gave  the exact address. They did absolutely nothing. Months later they busted the theft ring due to an unrelated drug arrest. They blew out their shoulder patting their own backs. It was the exact address I'd given them months earlier. The tweakers were registering credit cards and shipping items straight to their rented residence. The cops thought there was some Oceans 11 stuff going on in Topeka. Anyway, I got a call out of the blue to let me know some of my belongings had been recovered with a description of said belongings and that they'd follow up to arrange shipping. A few days passed and I heard nothing so I called back. None of the items I described were in inventory and no record was ever taken of any such items.

I'll say it again - fug the police. I have ZERO use for them. I'll be 38 years old this year and I've never once been in a situation where the presence of a police officer has improved the situation. Defund their asses. Maybe that's what we need to happen to break up the "brotherhood of the badge" that allows awful cops like the sociopath that killed the guy in Minneapolis to remain on the force because cops won't roll on other cops even when they know they work with sociopaths who abuse their power and will ultimately most likely end up seriously harming or outright murdering someone.

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The behavior of asking the cop for my buddy to reach into the glove compartment to retrieve my insurance and registration, the cop saying yes, then his partner pulling a gun and screaming like a psycho? That behavior?

Need them like the time a bear broke into my house and was between my wife and the exit, she called 911 in a panic and the news van beat the cops there (they took over an hour)? Or maybe that time tweakers broke into my truck while I was moving to Colorado and stole my wife's identify from the documents they stole. I gave  the exact address. They did absolutely nothing. Months later they busted the theft ring due to an unrelated drug arrest. They blew out their shoulder patting their own backs. It was the exact address I'd given them months earlier. The tweakers were registering credit cards and shipping items straight to their rented residence. The cops thought there was some Oceans 11 stuff going on in Topeka. Anyway, I got a call out of the blue to let me know some of my belongings had been recovered with a description of said belongings and that they'd follow up to arrange shipping. A few days passed and I heard nothing so I called back. None of the items I described were in inventory and no record was ever taken of any such items.

I'll say it again - fug the police. I have ZERO use for them. I'll be 38 years old this year and I've never once been in a situation where the presence of a police officer has improved the situation. Defund their asses. Maybe that's what we need to happen to break up the "brotherhood of the badge" that allows awful cops like the sociopath that killed the guy in Minneapolis to remain on the force because cops won't roll on other cops even when they know they work with sociopaths who abuse their power and will ultimately most likely end up seriously harming or outright murdering someone.

I hear property is available in CHAZ for a song...sounds like your kinda place.

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Maybe that's what we need to happen to break up the "brotherhood of the badge" that allows awful cops like the sociopath that killed the guy in Minneapolis to remain on the force...

BTW, your anger is misdirected...

...what allowed that cop to remain on the force was the union contract that is in place.

You should redirect your anger toward the union. 

I suspect you aren't aware of it but there was an ongoing negotiation between the union and the Minneapolis PD but the Police Chief there broke off negotiations on Wednesday.

Had that officer been part of CMPD he would have been exited a LONG time ago.....  (no union here)

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Where is your medical research degree or medical training from? 

Common sense. If you refuse to allow people to be tested or havent tested everyone to determine if they are actually asymptomatic, you can't give an accurate accounting of the number of infected, how it moves through different populated areas, mortality rates, etc. At best it's an educated guess. 

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Where do you live Smokin?

Eastern Washington 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, RASTAN66 said:

BTW, your anger is misdirected...

...what allowed that cop to remain on the force was the union contract that is in place.

You should redirect your anger toward the union. 

I suspect you aren't aware of it but there was an ongoing negotiation between the union and the Minneapolis PD but the Police Chief there broke off negotiations on Wednesday.

Had that officer been part of CMPD he would have been exited a LONG time ago.....  (no union here)

It's admittedly a controversial opinion, but I don't think LEOs should be able to unionize.

Unlike many who are anti-cop, I think one of the biggest issues is the shitty pay. Starting cop pay sucks. When pay sucks, your talent pool is also likely going to suck. Sure, there are plenty who go into the profession for the right reasons, but there are way too many meatheads, power trippers, and sociopaths seeking a badge for all of the wrong reasons and the shallow talent pool allows many of them to slip through and get a badge and a gun. It's a problem. I'm not anti-cop as much as I am anti the current environment of policing. I very briefly sold equipment to police departments. VERY briefly. It basically confirmed all of my previous thoughts about police. American LEO departments need to be burned to the ground and completely rebuilt. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1