• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

31 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

That's what is weird about this thing.  Countries that are doing the most testing and being the most open about their situation look like crap compared to countries who aren't testing as much and/or playing with their numbers.

Yep, but on the other hand if we weren't testing as diligently and fudging the numbers *cough* (China) *cough* then it would be a government conspiracy to kill people.  It's no win situation and exactly the way some people want it until, you know, a certain point time.

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yep, but on the other hand if we weren't testing as diligently and fudging the numbers *cough* (China) *cough* then it would be a government conspiracy to kill people.  It's no win situation and exactly the way some people want it until, you know, a certain point time.

Wednesday, November 4th things will start improving LOL

• Pie 2

In early November, we'll just be starting cold/flu season.

The reality is that Trump bet his presidency on COVID running it's course quickly and a resulting quick V-shaped economic recovery despite every virologists and epidemiologist on the planet saying that was the least likely scenario. He bet big and he lost big.

• Pie 2

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Also, for recipe translation sake, I have to assume that "like 4 people" probably translates to roughly half of a typical American portion.

Yup. I dont really measure the amount myself, I taste it during the making. The other recipes have similiar numbers and the video although not exact same recipe, is giving a hunch how it could look like. 

And for the record, I dont have milk in it because of allergy, but everyone else does.

16 minutes ago, kass said:

Yup. I dont really measure the amount myself, I taste it during the making. The other recipes have similiar numbers and the video although not exact same recipe, is giving a hunch how it could look like. 

And for the record, I dont have milk in it because of allergy, but everyone else does.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to do all beef due to a pork allergy in the family 

• Pie 1

After seeing the redneck families and groups going out to eat with zero regard for the current mask requirements I am done eating out. My optimism of a few weeks ago has been destroyed.  If only the politics of stupidity only affected the individual. They get what they deserve but the people putting in honest work and effort don't deserve the destructive outcomes.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

After seeing the redneck families and groups going out to eat with zero regard for the current mask requirements I am done eating out. My optimism of a few weeks ago has been destroyed.  If only the politics of stupidity only affected the individual. They get what they deserve but the people putting in honest work and effort don't deserve the destructive outcomes.

Yep. We tried that first Friday the NC mask mandate went into effect. Virtually no patrons were wearing masks. The restaurant staff were wearing them around their chins. We just turned around and noped right on out of there.

6 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

My wife keeps asking to go different places and I keep telling her no.  I'm not willing to do indoor seating for a restaurant, only outdoor.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I'm gonna have to do all beef due to a pork allergy in the family 

They do that in the northern part of Sweden so it should be ok. Just not as greasy, fat. Should be alright. I think the hard part is the sauce. 

We don't use gas here, so cannot guide properly about the cooking temperature. Most people give the meat some color, how "browned" depends of preference, with middlehigh temp and then make it "well done?" on lower for 5-10 minutes.

A tip is to wet your hands before making the balls.

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. We tried that first Friday the NC mask mandate went into effect. Virtually no patrons were wearing masks. The restaurant staff were wearing them around their chins. We just turned around and noped right on out of there.

Most places I have been have been quite good. It's completely based on the demographics of the area. Unfortunately there isn't much the restaurant can do.  If these people aren't respectful of the law and the establishment then you can bet they are not being careful everywhere else they are the rest of the time. It's best to stay away. This is going to get uglier.

I honestly can't fathom that people are this stupid.