• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Look, we can go back and forth on this.  There are sources supporting pro and con, as I could cite the Ford study....so to keep trading links amounts to a pissing contest.   My question to you is if you catch this, seeking medical attention on say day 4 of feeling ill and a doctor you see prescribe the protocol for HCQ as you show the classic symptoms, will you decline it?  A simple yes or no.

Easy for me, I absolutely would.

Lastly, I may make another point or two today, but as I said many, many, many pages ago....people have their minds made up, especially here on the Huddle.  The idea that this was a thread of open-minded people looking for an opinion to help them on where they stand on this pandemic was lost about 400 pages ago.  Trenches were dug early and only have gotten deeper.

You would decline it?

I would ask the doctor why he/she is prescribing that particular medicine. It's a question I often ask doctors who are wanting to prescribe a drug to me. Why? Why that particular medicine?  Based on the Yale doctor's stance and the results of clinical trials, four days into feeling ill is likely too late in the disease process for hydroxychloroquine to make a significant difference and there are likely better options available at that point.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You would decline it?

I would ask the doctor why he/she is prescribing that particular medicine. It's a question I often ask doctors who are wanting to prescribe a drug to me. Why? Why that particular medicine?  Based on the Yale doctor's stance and the results of clinical trials, four days into feeling ill is likely too late in the disease process for hydroxychloroquine to make a significant difference and there are likely better options available at that point.

Typo, sorry.  Would not decline and would absolutely take the protocol.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What is your primary motivation for that stance based on the specific parameters you laid out (4 days into symptomatic illness)? Be honest now.

Because it has shown that up until day 6 the disease is very treatable with the HCQ protocol.  Simple.  It's a $20 treatment.  Despite the fact to demonize it, the side effects are about nil.  Why not?  What's your alternative?  Wait until you get hospitalized and take Redemisvir?  

3 minutes ago, CarolinaSock said:

I can't speak for other areas but for the Charlotte area ICU's I code for they are not using hydroxychloroquine and haven't for at least a couple months. The new treatments seems to be remdesivir and dexamethasone.

The biggest issue with the Detroit HCQ study was that it was found that patients who received HCQ were also more likely to have received steroid treatment (dexamethasone is a steroid), potentially skewing the results and falsely attributing outcomes to HCQ treatment. For the "it's all about the money" crowd, dexamethasone is relatively cheap and is available as a generic.

14 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I mean big tech is even in on the act.  Why sensor the doctors that went to DC yesterday?

why sensor the doctor who was engaged in political activity that gives advice that runs counter to our own government's advice and that of the scientific community as whole?

The doctor that also believes in demon sex being the root cause of illnesses, alien DNA being used to treat patients, witchcraft being used to control children, that the government is run in part by reptile people, warns of the dangerous of homosexual terrorism, and on and on....

I mean we are in a once in a century worldwide pandemic (that is doing a number on us specifically)......you really got a problem with big tech limiting the reach of quack clowns through their services in this environment? 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

17 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Though some of the 145,000+ deaths due to COVID-19 are dubious at best,

Sources and facts, please.

17 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Killing old people by sticking infected people in nursing homes also was kinda stupid.

Sources and facts, please.

You're so wrapped into long-ago debunked conspiracy theories, outright lies and misinformation that your conversation isn't worth engaging in. It's like explaining calculus to a 1-year old- a waste of time. So, tell me, did we put men on the moon or was it all done in Hollywood?

• Flames 1

48 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

If we're talking about the video that Trump shared and then ran out of his own press conference after being asked about, yeah that woman is a fuging nut and shouldn't be listened to.

look, don't have sex with demons, don't ingest demon sperm, and accept your meds are made from alien dna and the virus will just disappear.  i mean i get it, if it weren't for all the sexy demons everything would be fine.   darn those sexy demons