• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

11 minutes ago, Shocker said:

So what do I do if I think I have coronavirus?  Ride it out?

Get tested. If your symptoms become serious or you are in the high risk demographics, then it is a big concern. 

If you opt to just not get tested, stay home until you are better and sanitize your household after you do get done. No reason to spread it around unnecessarily. If you must go out, take extreme precautions that you are not hacking and coughing everywhere or at least have the common courtesy to put some gloves on until you get back to your house. 

Oh and for the coughing/sneezing folks out there, don't cough/sneeze into your damn hands. Cover your mouth with your shirt/sweater/etc or sneeze/cough into the crook of your arm. Don't spray germs all over your damn hands. 

I see people do this all the time all year around and it drives me nuts. That is exactly how you spread illnesses. 

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 3

Best thing everyone can do is act like they already have the corona virus and act accordingly within the guidelines. 

Im not panicing and echo lots of @kungfoodude , but I kept hearing and have since January that this could get movie bad. Not buying that at all, the biggest thing I learned was I was a doomsday pepper already cause I already kept close to 2 months supplies handy. Hell any clearance sales, I stocked up on the goods. Thats one good thing about having space.    

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Real1zOnly said:

I wouldn't ride it out at home if other people living there. Doesn't sound like a safe environment. Just my opinion.

You want him to go roaming in public instead? Unless you have other high risk people at the house, it's fine. It's like being in the house with people that have the flu. Stay the hell away from them and sanitize their poo. I grew up in a household with 7 people and bouts of the flu meant the carrier got relatively confined to an area and everything got sanitized. It does actually work.

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Best thing everyone can do is act like they already have the corona virus and act accordingly within the guidelines. 

Im not panicing and echo lots of @kungfoodude , but I kept hearing and have since January that this could get movie bad. Not buying that at all, the biggest thing I learned was I was a doomsday pepper already cause I already kept close to 2 months supplies handy. Hell any clearance sales, I stocked up on the goods. Thats one good thing about having space.    

Yeah, it's a lot of FUD being spread. It's easy to be reasonable and live a relatively normal existence. Common sense is about a 4% trait in modern America. 

Since I am on pet peeves, don't wipe your goddamn nose with your bare hands or your fuging shirt sleeve(unless there is literally no other option). Even if you wipe/blow your nose with a tissues, wash the motherfugers afterwards. It doesn't take that much effort to do that. If there isn't a sink, use some damn hand sanitizer. 

And if you are leaving a public restroom that has a handle on the inside of the door(already a major fail), use a paper towel in your hand to open the damn door. It doesn't take any extra effort to do this if paper towels are available. For me, even if that is not an option, I will open the door with one finger of my non-dominant hand. It's just simple poo like that you can do every day that will generally limit your exposure to common bugs. 

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 1

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, it's a lot of FUD being spread. It's easy to be reasonable and live a relatively normal existence. Common sense is about a 4% trait in modern America. 

Just the way current people are, I dont even want to that start a different topic and press that nuke button. Plus forcing this into a politic poly, just not the time, and should be off limits. Use your god-dam brain. Act like you have the it and we humans will get though this. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, CMAC22 said:

Update here in PA all statewide non essential businesses to all be shutdown starting at midnight!

Yep, everything (non-essential) in Philly ordered to close down at 5pm today (Mon)...and so it starts. Buckle up, fellas. Gonna get worse before it gets better unfortunately. Not too thrilled to be living in a densely populated large city. 

Edited by PantherFanInPhilly

Certain places like sonic and kristophers in Matthew's are giving out free lunches to kids that are on the lunch program until they go back to school.....that is what it's all about. 

We know its here, we know what to do.  We do not need the talking heads on news networks to tell us what to do.  I'm optimistic with story's like that.