• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

44 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Good thing literally every player in the NBA can get tested whether they have symptoms or not. Meanwhile, hospitals are just poo outta luck lol.

Meanwhile when I call into my Dr. Monday after getting sick over the weekend ...

"Fever?"

yes

"Any other symptoms?"

Dry cough.  Tightness in chest but I'm not having trouble breathing.

"have you traveled?"

No

"have you been in contact with someone that has covid19?"

I don't think so.  How would I know?

"Ok. Stay home unless you start having trouble breathing.  Then go to ER."

….

I get it.  I'm young and have a great chance of living through it.  Fever is already gone.  Still have a dry cough.  Chest still has discomfort to it.  Just assume I have it and quarantine myself.  Take over a room of the house and stay away from the rest of the family. I haven't slept beside my wife in 5 days.  Haven't held my children in 5 days.  Wife trying to handle poo outside the room well everything's going to hell.  But she's shown no symptoms.  So I can't just assume she's got it too.  It would have been nice to have test done.  Confirm it one way or the other.  I'd love to fuging know if my family I've been around the last 2 weeks that are high risk need to be tested.  Should of just lied and said yeah I traveled. Whatever. I'm rambling and venting.

Day 5 of self quarantine:

I've begun to lash out on a computer screen.  fug me.

Edited by Wyank
  • Pie 6

Where are the “Nothing to see here “ folks now? This is a disease that comes about once in a 100 years. There are too many people playing politics instead of heeding warnings. America has got to do something about its tainted news sources, as it is costing us lives. News sources that cater to a political party should be forced to label themselves entertainment, and leave the word news for unbiased reporting stations that report fact not conjecture or propaganda.

Edited by philit99
  • Pie 2

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If this take is correct, we're just plain good and proper fuged. We can't go on lockdown for 18 months and still have an economy to comeback to. I don't think society would have it anyway. There would be massive social unrest.

We better hope that there can be some successful anti-virals found and a vaccine fast tracked. Because that paints a picture that would probably make the Great Depression look like a soft quarter in comparison.

There is no real 'fast-tracking' of a vaccine - it will be at least a year before anything has the data available to at all support a conclusion of safety and efficacy, and even then that in itself represents a fast track through standard drug trial requirements. There's just no way around it

7 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Where are the “Nothing to see here “ folks now? This is a disease that comes about once in a 100 years. There are too many people playing politics instead of heeding warnings. America has got to do something about its tainted news sources, as it is costing us lives. News sources that cater to a political party should be forced to label themselves entertainment, and leave the word news for unbiased reporting stations that report fact not conjecture or propaganda.

don't be sucked into believing its the people's fault for not heeding warnings.     also fox news is listed at entertainment.  got out of a lawsuit for 70% of the information they spew on a daily basis being lies - because they are classified as entertainment.   

3 minutes ago, raz said:

don't be sucked into believing its the people's fault for not heeding warnings.     also fox news is listed at entertainment.  got out of a lawsuit for 70% of the information they spew on a daily basis being lies - because they are classified as entertainment.   

I’m not blaming anyone, I’m simply stating that our news sources have an agenda, and it is not the will or protection of the people, it is to serve their political affiliations over public health.

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

I’m not blaming anyone, I’m simply stating that our news sources have an agenda, and it is not the will or protection of the people, it is to serve their political affiliations over public health.

That’s not entirely true. Fox News aside the MSM has been warming of this virus since it hit China. It was our people and government that chose to ignore it until it was to late. Than again not having a pandemic response team to act proactively instead of reactively really screwed us. 

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If this take is correct, we're just plain good and proper fuged. We can't go on lockdown for 18 months and still have an economy to comeback to. I don't think society would have it anyway. There would be massive social unrest.

We better hope that there can be some successful anti-virals found and a vaccine fast tracked. Because that paints a picture that would probably make the Great Depression look like a soft quarter in comparison.

China controlled it in 2 1/2 months after they let the cat out of the bag. But they have known about since late November early December. We started in earnest mid March. So we are probably looking at May/June. The issue being a cold is they usually come raging back in fall/winter worse than the year before. 

13 minutes ago, philit99 said:

political affiliations? that's not it.   its corporate greed they are serving, and getting paid by

• Pie 1