• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers To Allow Cam Newton To Seek Trade

bobsfoodbasics

5 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/39752/redskins-moves-reveal-confidence-in-dwayne-haskins-desire-for-depth

Dwayne Haskins: Multiple sources have said the Redskins would not be interested in Cam Newton once the Carolina Panthers cut him, or Jameis Winston. Although Rivera drafted and coached Newton in Carolina, the Redskins know if they sign him, he would be coming here to start. And they don't want to put Haskins in a position where he has no shot to compete for the job. 

That's the thing, a team that brings him in is going to have to deal with him most likely beating out the incumbent unless a team with an existing star signs him. 

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That's the thing, a team that brings him in is going to have to deal with him most likely beating out the incumbent unless a team with an existing star signs him. 

I'd say right now other teams are taking a pretty pessimistic view of his health status.

Breer speculated he could wind up being a backup this season.

Not sure why the Jaguars aren’t being discussed as a possible destination for Cam.  Gardner Minshew III is the starter and Josh Dobbs is the only other QB on the roster after trading Nick Foles.

Cam would win that job hands down, even if he had to sit out a few games early on.  Chargers, Jags, Pats, Fins.  The draft is probably his biggest competition at this point.

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Jesus. This is still a thread? Cam is done here.

Move on.

Yes, my child, this is still a thread.  I have moved on, and will be coming back.  Amen. 

Sorry--being stuck at home is tough.  Thought I would pretend to be Jesus.

We can speculate all day but at the end of the day we don’t know what’s being offered, I have a feeling we have offers they just are significantly lower than we expected and we are holding on for better, I don’t think teddys physical makes a difference in releasing him or not 

57 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

We can speculate all day but at the end of the day we don’t know what’s being offered, I have a feeling we have offers they just are significantly lower than we expected and we are holding on for better, I don’t think teddys physical makes a difference in releasing him or not 

I feel sorry for people who think like you I really do.

You have offers on the table from who?

1 hour ago, Real1zOnly said:

Rumored pats offer a very very low pick like I said if there weren’t any interest I think he’d been released by now, barring there working on details for a injury settlement 

if the Patriots want him they hold all the cards. make one phone call to Cam or his agent and say "We want you to come to New England and carry on Brady's dynasty and get SB rings for the next 6-7 years you're playing" and suddenly Cam is not going to be content going to some garbage pile team like Washington. and now they know he won't be traded, since the Panthers have given his agent trade negotiation control. so all the Patriots have to do is wait it out until he's cut.

1 hour ago, Real1zOnly said:

If you think he is still on this team for other reasons, then I feel sorry u. There are definitely offers and like he said we are waiting. 

Archived