• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers To Allow Cam Newton To Seek Trade

bobsfoodbasics

We are going to suck for several years, which is why we gave Rhule a long term contract. Cam hasnt been healthy for two years and was never going to get back to what he once was. He wasnt getting a long term deal and frankly this is best for both parties. We need to stay away from Bridgwater and roll with Allen. After winning 2 or 3 games next year, draft Sunshine and let the new era begin. After patching together mediocre teams for years that would fluctuate from 6 to 10 wins, I want a stable long term winner. This is unfortunately how it begins. Good luck, Cam.

Loyalty?  GMAB, these millennials man.  Cam got paid to the tune of 40 million or close to the last two seasons to play one season's worth of games, and lose every game he started the last 18 months.  Sounds pretty loyal to me.  What other non-sports industry would tolerate that?

It's a business, in which both sides were compensated, with one side especially getting the better end of the deal since 2018.  

it's hilarious phrasing to "allow" him to seek a trade when he doesn't want one. i'm glad he called that out.

they're trying to get rid of him but make it look like he is the one who wanted out, shaping the narrative so they have less trouble selling seats

1 minute ago, bobcat91 said:

We are going to suck for several years, which is why we gave Rhule a long term contract. Cam hasnt been healthy for two years and was never going to get back to what he once was. He wasnt getting a long term deal and frankly this is best for both parties. We need to stay away from Bridgwater and roll with Allen. After winning 2 or 3 games next year, draft Sunshine and let the new era begin. After patching together mediocre teams for years that would fluctuate from 6 to 10 wins, I want a stable long term winner. This is unfortunately how it begins. Good luck, Cam.

Cam got hurt in 2016, it’s been 4 years. He missed the end of 2016 and had surgery. Remember that we weren’t even sure if he’s start 2017. Look at his 2017 passing stats. I think he had 12 games under 200 yards passing. The shoulder was obviously an issue and that rolled into the last two years. 

2 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Loyalty?  GMAB, these millennials man.  Cam got paid to the tune of 40 million or close to the last two seasons to play one season's worth of games, and lose every game he started the last 18 months.  Sounds pretty loyal to me.  What other non-sports industry would tolerate that?

It's a business, in which both sides were compensated, with one side especially getting the better end of the deal since 2018.  

You going to go on another racist rant?

Think we forgot about that because you ducked out for several months like a coward?

See new Tweets

Conversation

8WtXm0hM_bigger.jpg

Cam Newton’s telling a different story when it comes to the decision to seek a trade:

8WtXm0hM_bigger.jpg

Since the beginning, Cam has made it clear that he desired to stay with the Panthers. No change in tone from him.

If you think this is similar to what happened with the Panthers and Greg Olsen, well he agrees: “Sounds familiar.”

9:03 AM · Mar 17, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Archived