• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bridgewater from last year was good for 5 games... as was Kyle Allen. 

Bridgewater from the season before was horrible (when he played us atleast) ..  I still remember Michael Thomas struggling to get that record. And before last year iirc, his winning percentage was around 58%...or 17-12 . 

My problem with this situation is: 

1. The way it was handled

2. The length of the contract

If you were to switch Cam and Teddy last year for those two games...I'm not even sure TB would have lasted to play the first three quarters. Luckily, he won't have to endure the Daryl Williams treatment. 

As for the question, a healthy Cam...no hesitation..even a 85% Cam. Bridgewater has never thrown for more than 14 touchdowns in a season. One could argue that at this very moment,  Bridgewater's floor is higher but Cam's ceiling is far beyond Teddy's reach. 

He is what he is, and now he's ours. I may not like it but I gotta embrace it. I was Panther's fan before Cam got here.... and I'll continue to be. I must admit I'm lost as to what direction we are even aiming for.  

1 hour ago, Malt Liquor said:

If you look at last year Bridgewater had a 99.1 QBR. I think paired with Joe Brady gives us a chance to win a bunch of games.

Bridgewater was SO SO good last year b/c he had 4 things:

1) All-Pro Bowl o-linemen

2) All-Pro WR

3) All-Pro RB

4) Genius of a head coach

Out of those 4, how many do we have? Uno and he can't run & catch every single play. Tried it once last year & almost passed out.

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Teddy is a good quarterback. I don’t get why people think he isn’t. But present-day Cam is a very good quarterback. 

We certainly do not know if present day Cam is a good quarterback. He has been hurt the past two seasons and has lost 8 straight games. We don’t know if Cam could even pass a physical hence why he wasn’t or has not been traded to this point.  He may come back to form but I believe The coaching staff thinks Teddy can give the Panthers the best chance to win giving his knowledge of the offense. I think TB is a stop gap & his knowledge of the offense will help tutor some young buck this year or next year. 

5 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Higher. I'm rooting for the guy but I was watching that game. His knee was shredded. Don't want to see that again. For that reason and more Cam is a better player than Teddy, everybody knows that. There is no OTHER Cam Newton in the league. Nature doesn't allow for it.

There are qbs in this league that are right now, better than Cam. That is isn't a short list either. At least the other we know is healthy enough to play. 

6 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Teddy is a good quarterback. I don’t get why people think he isn’t. But present-day Cam is a very good quarterback. 

Cam has played 9 seasons. He had ONE above avg season as a passer. Yeah I know he is a duel threat QB. But I like QB's that are passer's not thrower's like most people. Now that he's older he will NOT run like he used to. And Cam never developed as a passer. That's the difference between Cam and Teddy. Teddy has evolved. Cam has not. 

I'll take today's Teddy over Today's Cam any day of the week. 

Archived