• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

EXPOSED: HURNEY 2.0 IS LITERALLY JUST HURNEY EXTENDED

RumHam

48 minutes ago, Icege said:

So... funny story

Our salary cap situation for the next few seasons looks really, really good.

Committed to payrolls in...

• 2021: ~$106M
  • 2022: ~$52M
  • 2023: ~$18M

This season, the salary cap is ~$198M. It's risen by at least $10M consistently every season since the last CBA. Even if the cap freezes at $198M, the team is looking at substantial cap space going forward. 

We may bring some folks in just to make sure we don't go under the salary minimums for long.

41 minutes ago, Icege said:

So... funny story

This season, the salary cap is ~$198M. It's risen by at least $10M consistently every season since the last CBA. Even if the cap freezes at $198M, the team is looking at substantial cap space going forward. 

Back away from the keyboard, you are being a bit too logical on this. People want to panic and piss and moan about the cap.

This year is a write off year, likely next as well. Load up on dead cap now if you must so you can have it off the books when we actually have a window at winning. 

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

Remember when they rebooted Star Wars and it was basically a remake of episode 4? then the series went on to be pure garbage and end hectically? Yeah well that's the same as Hurney. Look at these backloaded contracts and all the dead money. If Tepper is advising on this, he has no concept of money and why should he? he throws it around. His ego will bury this franchise much like Jordan has the Hornets. I think this is why the NFL wanted him to have the team so we'd just be a small market non-factor b/c they knew how Tepper was. 

Admitting Bridgey is a stop gap, but then paying him for three years with the cap hit increasing each year so even if we tank for Trevor, we still have to pay him. We have the deepest debt AGAIN AND SOME OF YOU PEOPLE ON HERE THOUGHT THINGS WOULD BE ACTUALLY DIFFERENT? It is very hard to compare GM's because WE'VE REALLY ONLY EVER HAD FOUR WHICH WITH ONE LASTING NEARLY 20 fuging YEARS. We will go 2-14, draft Trevor and go to a super bowl and get screwed in 2025 against Denver again. Rinse, bring Hurney back in in 2026 and repeat to bury the team. We now have a more gaping hole at safety. Unless he's still obsessed with forcing Gaulden in there which i wouldn't doubt that.

We all knew "temporary" wasn't "temporary". How you fire one of the best defensive minds in football and keep Marty "The worst type of Hurndog" Hurney is something I won't understand. 

59 minutes ago, Icege said:

So... funny story

Unless our offense under Brady is ungodly (in which case he will be a Head Coach in 2022) and our defense doesn't crumble, who are we going to sign that will help? Big money free agent signings are typically overpaid relative to their performance. We've seen franchise's like Miami and Buffalo get to this point over and over again with nothing to show for it. If you have this much cap space and there is no one worth signing, do you hoard your money and keep losing? No, you sign bums to make an effort to your fans and then keep losing. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Makes sense. 

I remember the rant more than I do the game.

That game and the Bucs/Colts game from 2003 stick in my mind as the two most memorable collapses prior to the Falcons in the Super Bowl. Particularly in the Bucs/Colts game where the refs threw the kitchen sink at the Bucs to give the Colts a chance. 

Just now, Panther'sBigD said:

That game and the Bucs/Colts game from 2003 stick in my mind as the two most memorable collapses prior to the Falcons in the Super Bowl. Particularly in the Bucs/Colts game where the refs threw the kitchen sink at the Bucs to give the Colts a chance. 

I watched both of those.

Monday Night Football used to be so much more of a big deal than it is now.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I watched both of those.

Monday Night Football used to be so much more of a big deal than it is now.

Jetz being down 30-7 and coming back to beat MIA with Jumbo Elliot(RT) catching(barely) the game winner. 

How about the night the country met BO? 

Too many to list. 

Chiefs/Rams two years ago deserves a shout out. 

Archived