• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Battle of the century - Justin Fields vs Trevor Lawrence

Justin Fields vs Trevor Lawrence megathread  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Justin Fields
    • Trevor Lawrence

17 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

It's unlikely we'll lose enough games to get either assuming Bridgewater stays healthy 

I don't get this.  Our defense is going to be awful, completely green coaches, and because we signed Teddy Bridgewater, we'll somehow be 6-10 to 8-8ish?  We can easily be awful.

I mean look at the other NFC QBs:

Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Jimmy G, Jared Goff, Kirk Cousins, Aaron Rodgers, Matt Stafford, Dak Prescott, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, Carson Wentz.

The only one that's not as good but honestly could be is this Foles/Mitch situation in Chicago.

All we have is the potential of Joe Brady's offense with CMC and Moore.  Our QB is arguably the 2nd worst starting QB in the NFC.  His best season is 14 TDs to 9 INTs. 

This idea that the Bridgewater signing somehow put us further ahead in the NFC is a bit overblown.

2 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Can Trey Lance be added to the conversation..

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4383351/trey-lance

Trevor out of those 2 thoe..

Daniel Jerimiah said this is a name we need to get to know.  He said he's going to be in the 1st round conversation next year...high 1st round.

28 TD's, 0 Ints, 1100 yards rushing.

Next year definitely looks to be the year to draft a QB.

26 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

It's unlikely we'll lose enough games to get either assuming Bridgewater stays healthy 

Bridgewater is only here to help establish the new offense, but he's not good enough to carry the team on his own.  And while we are bringing in some pieces, they are only support players or end of roster types.  This team doesn't have enough talent to make much noise.  Next year is when we bring in our QB of the future and spend on top shelf FA's.  

This defense is not going to be good next season, and the offense may be better than last year, it will still not be dominant or dangerous.  And it definitely won't be good enough to bring us back when we get down...and I expect us to get down early and often.  So, I really don't see any way we won't be in play for one of the top QB's.

3 hours ago, WarHeel said:

A little odd to have a discussion about prospects 13 months in advance don’t you think? It’s like you’re righting off the 2020 season altogether. It’s the epitome of negative. Too many variables between now and then to suggest a 1/31 chance is a guarantee, even with a rebuild.

Not negative.  I am positively giddy about embracing the tank so we can actually have back to back winning seasons down the road.  

8165F43D-6537-45FB-A755-539ACD85AB45.gif

Neither, because we aren't going to be the worst team in the League.

This reminds me of when people were drooling over Andrew Luck potentially getting draft to Carolina.  He stayed in school and dashed the hopes of folks that had been seriously man-crushing him for nearly a year.

Fast forward to draft day 2021; how many will be devastated when neither (especially Lawrence) is our top pick?  I mean 12+ months of man-crushing is some serious emotional investment.  Tears, rage, isolation?  Professional therapy at the very least.

13 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Neither, because we aren't going to be the worst team in the League.

This reminds me of when people were drooling over Andrew Luck potentially getting draft to Carolina.  He stayed in school and dashed the hopes of folks that had been seriously man-crushing him for nearly a year.

Fast forward to draft day 2021; how many will be devastated when neither (especially Lawrence) is our top pick?  I mean 12+ months of man-crushing is some serious emotional investment.  Tears, rage, isolation?  Professional therapy at the very least.

What’s going to prevent you from being the worst team in the NFL? 

They have the worst roster situation, and none of the recent moves did anything but cost money. 

11 hours ago, Woodie said:

Daniel Jerimiah said this is a name we need to get to know.  He said he's going to be in the 1st round conversation next year...high 1st round.

28 TD's, 0 Ints, 1100 yards rushing.

Next year definitely looks to be the year to draft a QB.

Impressive, but will only be a redshirt sophomore next year.   Can he declare?  Yes, but will he is the question.  Not too may redshirt sophomores declare for the draft.  

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

What’s going to prevent you from being the worst team in the NFL? 

They have the worst roster situation, and none of the recent moves did anything but cost money. 

We will be bad, but not the worst though.  In rebuilding years we usually end up being surprisingly competitive.  Our history is over-deliver when expectations are low and under-deliver when expectations are high.  So call it a  historical hunch.

Archived