• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Deserved Better

JARROD

16 hours ago, JARROD said:

I wonder how many of the hate posters that come out of the wood work will disappear the moment they realize we win 7 games with Teddy,... he throws 14 touchdowns to 12 interceptions again,.. and we are out of the race for one of the next years favorites?

our best chance now is to jump up and grab Tua this go around and let him sit for the implosion.

Well my time as a panther fan are over. I was going to stay for Luke but he gave up on it all together. I think Luke saw what others couldnt ...the end of an era... football isnt what it was its getting worse yr by yr. Now that Cam has been dismiss I will dismiss the panthers. I dont know if any team will snap Cam up if they do i will watch but not like i did with the panthers. Just will not be the same. Panthers will have success. It just will not be with Cam and Luke who I will miss from the game.

2 hours ago, parker said:

I like Cam and I would have liked to see him get a shot at being our QB.  But he did have some weaknesses.  At times, he held on to the ball way too long.  I felt he was improving on this later, but still had some issue with it.  He lacked touch on short passes and didn't have good ball placement.  His throws often made his receivers have to adjust and stop momentum instead of hitting them in stride.  The last two years, his deep ball throws weren't there.  There are excuses, but they don't win football games.  When he was at his peak, he was a top QB, that was just years ago.  Let's also not forget that he admitted lying about his foot injury last year.  Bridgewater might actually be better in the offense that Rhule wants to run.  We'll just have to see.  

U mean u will have to c

5 hours ago, parker said:

I like Cam and I would have liked to see him get a shot at being our QB.  But he did have some weaknesses.  At times, he held on to the ball way too long.  I felt he was improving on this later, but still had some issue with it.  He lacked touch on short passes and didn't have good ball placement.  His throws often made his receivers have to adjust and stop momentum instead of hitting them in stride.  The last two years, his deep ball throws weren't there.  There are excuses, but they don't win football games.  When he was at his peak, he was a top QB, that was just years ago.  Let's also not forget that he admitted lying about his foot injury last year.  Bridgewater might actually be better in the offense that Rhule wants to run.  We'll just have to see.  

I don’t blame Cam for “lying” about the foot injury. Players want to play. It was painfully obvious Cam couldn’t run or step into throws. That’s Ron’s fault for not taking him out of the game.

2 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

I don’t blame Cam for “lying” about the foot injury. Players want to play. It was painfully obvious Cam couldn’t run or step into throws. That’s Ron’s fault for not taking him out of the game.

Ain’t it crazy how, when it comes to Cam, coaches are all of a sudden no longer responsible for choosing which players they send on the field like every other coach in the NFL does with their own players?

Only with Cam Newton is it somehow his OWN fault for playing while not even having the ability to put weight on one of his feet or only having the ability to throw the ball like a shot-put.

How could we have ever expected professional coaches (most of whom are former players) to ever see such “subtle” tells? 

3 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Ain’t it crazy how, when it comes to Cam, coaches are all of a sudden no longer responsible for choosing which players they send on the field like every other coach in the NFL does with their own players?

Only with Cam Newton is it somehow his OWN fault for playing while not even having the ability to put weight on one of his feet or only having the ability to throw the ball like a shot-put.

How could we have ever expected professional coaches (most of whom are former players) to ever see such “subtle” tells? 

Truth.

You’re telling me Delhomme didn’t know he was hurting the team when he was throwing 4 picks a game, knowing his back up was better?

It was super messed up and needs to be address. They gave Cam every indication he was the QB as long as he was healthy. He passed his physical and there is still plenty of time until the start of the season. They basically strung him along giving him false hope he was the QB. Really hard to respect Tepper after this decision. Unless he can explain why he did this I don't really respect Tepper. Cam got released way too late into FA and he is going to struggle to find a team. Not cool that the panthers screwed him like that. 

Every time I see someone talk about what an NFL player deserves, I remember the line in Unforgiven.

tumblr_lysvjbEIkN1qmzxy4o2_500.gifv

The NFL is the last place where you should expect anyone to get a Hollywood ending.

In the league, happy endings are the exception, not the norm.

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

I have been saying this for two years now---Rivera KNEW Cam was hurt and manipulated him.  To add insult to injury, the prick traded for Allen when both were available...

When Rivera put the second or third string QB in the game to run a hail mary--he knew Cam was injured before hand.   I wonder how often RR got involved with the medicals--for example, Daryl Williams. Recurring injuries--

I tore my rotator cuff in college---that surgery is intense (was then, anyway).  I injured the shoulder during the first game (Elon--those bastards).  I played the rest of the season.  I could not even windmill my arm or do a pushup. 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I have been saying this for two years now---Rivera KNEW Cam was hurt and manipulated him.  To add insult to injury, the prick traded for Allen when both were available...

When Rivera put the second or third string QB in the game to run a hail mary--he knew Cam was injured before hand.   I wonder how often RR got involved with the medicals--for example, Daryl Williams. Recurring injuries--

I tore my rotator cuff in college---that surgery is intense (was then, anyway).  I injured the shoulder during the first game (Elon--those bastards).  I played the rest of the season.  I could not even windmill my arm or do a pushup. 

If Cam had refused to play for Rivera, claiming injury, what do you think the reaction would have been?

It is pretty clear that the interests of the New Look Panthers and Cam aligned less and less as time went on. 

It may turn out that Cam has several more good years in him, but it may turn out Cam is no longer capable of enduring the rigors of an entire NFL season.

I doubt anyone alive today knows for sure which of these scenarios may be true.

And there's the rub, team decisions needed to be made in the absence of critical information.

Only time will tell, that's what makes this game interesting, at least to me.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Every time I see someone talk about what an NFL player deserves, I remember the line in Unforgiven.

tumblr_lysvjbEIkN1qmzxy4o2_500.gifv

The NFL is the last place where you should expect anyone to get a Hollywood ending.

In the league, happy endings are the exception, not the norm.

So much this. Look, I get it, Cam finally gave us a prime time QB. You wore your jersey with pride. You were smug around fans of other teams. We "finally had one". But come on. You all wanted multiple SBs, MVPs, slobbing on ESPN, then be there for his final game as he led a comeback win. The as he walked off the field for the last time, the stands all help up one finger, had a good cry, and he vanished into the tunnel.

unreal pam bondi GIF by Election 2016

Archived