• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Helmet Aesthetics

WarHeel

16 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I looked for the Hawaii story and could not find it.  Both are probably correct to some degree, but I would say it is a mistake taking colors from 2 universities in NC and selling it to both states.  Surprised we are not wearing Wofford Black and Gold.

I went in 'paint' on my computer and toyed around with it.  I'm not sure if you can actually mix colors (hardly ever use that program), but I went with a Blue Devil blue background and lightly put UNC blue over the top, got very close to electric blue.  I'm not sure if the story is correct, but even if not, it's at least feasible.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

I went in 'paint' on my computer and toyed around with it.  I'm not sure if you can actually mix colors (hardly ever use that program), but I went with a Blue Devil blue background and lightly put UNC blue over the top, got very close to electric blue.  I'm not sure if the story is correct, but even if not, it's at least feasible.

Regardless, if he SAID it----I bet his marketing department wanted to kill him.  Nothing like pissing off 70% of your fan base right in the beginning.  I am not convinced that Richardson was ever in his right mind---firing his kids, the pie chart presser, telling Cam that he did not like tatoos, etc.

2 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

I’m not sure white would work either but it would be the only look I’d be willing to give a shot but the silver helmet should stay. Black or blue helmet would look freaking STUPID. 

As far as jerseys go, if they’re ever going to change them I hope it’s very subtle. Maybe remove the stripes over the shoulders and just go with a very clean look or add a couple stripes around the sleeves with the logo over top. 

Clean and classic is what works long term. This blue/black helmet and new stupid nike jersey designs are having team recycle through jerseys every couple years.

I’d be willing to poll that the majority would think at least the black helmet would be a nice upgrade. 

6 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

I’d be willing to poll that the majority would think at least the black helmet would be a nice upgrade. 

You also think a blue helmet would add a nice “pop” so...

That helmet wasn’t well received on Twitter if you scroll through the comments. 

Black helmets wouldn’t work either. Black helmet with blue jersey and white or black pants? Yuck. We’d have to add A LOT more silver to make that even come close to working. The helmet by itself? Sure. But put it with the uniform and it’s bad.

I’m all for minor tweaks but subtle and clean. All these new flashy jerseys that I would’ve liked when I was 8 are being re done every few years because they’re terrible.

9 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

You also think a blue helmet would add a nice “pop” so...

That helmet wasn’t well received on Twitter if you scroll through the comments. 

Black helmets wouldn’t work either. Black helmet with blue jersey and white or black pants? Yuck. We’d have to add A LOT more silver to make that even come close to working. The helmet by itself? Sure. But put it with the uniform and it’s bad.

I’m all for minor tweaks but subtle and clean. All these new flashy jerseys that I would’ve liked when I was 8 are being re done every few years because they’re terrible.

Seems that every time I’ve seen something uniform or helmet related that there is a fairly even divide across the fan base over color scheme and design so it’s not like I’m out in left field alone thinking that if done correctly that a blue helmet could look outstanding, especially with a white jersey combo. Even if it’s just an alt helmet.

Also, you're one of the few people calling themself a fan of this organization that wouldn’t think a black helmet would look amazing. 

3 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Seems that every time I’ve seen something uniform or helmet related that there is a fairly even divide across the fan base over color scheme and design so it’s not like I’m out in left field alone thinking that if done correctly that a blue helmet could look outstanding, especially with a white jersey combo. Even if it’s just an alt helmet.

Also, you're one of the few people calling themself a fan of this organization that wouldn’t think a black helmet would look amazing. 

Cleveland just released their new uniforms... 

Went back to a old and clean look.

These are REALLY nice

They won’t be changing their uniforms now for awhile 

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

These are REALLY nice

that video is trash, I still don't even really know what they look like without googling it.

other funny thing about that video is including Odell, he's about to head to the Vikings.

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

These are REALLY nice

Cleveland also has the most boring color scheme in the NFL and they’d have to try pretty damn hard to botch it. Colorful doesn’t always mean childish, my guy. With the right design you could pull the black or blue off easily. 

1 minute ago, Actionman0z said:

The Browns did it right. I haven’t seen a new look that’s looked good. The new era stuff looks corny and trashy. Keep it old-school. Classy/classic. That blue helmet is nasty 

Yep.

If we ditched our shoulder stripe and moved ours to the side it would look really clean too but I’m cool with just leaving ours alone.

Atlanta f’d up so bad when all they had to do was use their alternate as their regular and switch back to their old ones. Those jerseys won’t last 4 years.

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

Cleveland also has the most boring color scheme in the NFL and they’d have to try pretty damn hard to botch it. Colorful doesn’t always mean childish, my guy. With the right design you could pull the black or blue off easily. 

Yeah I don’t like Cleveland’s colors but their last few uniforms have been AWFUL. 

Silver is a nice classic helmet color. Off the top of my head... New England, Dallas, Detroit and Oakland are the only ones with silver. 

Archived