• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Rivera try and trade the Panthers first round pick last year for Trent Williams?

Eazy-E

Does Ron know this because he was the one offering the first round pick? 

It also means Washington turned down a first rounder only to later settle for a 4th and future 3rd. 

Ron Rivera and Dan Snyder are a match made in heaven.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

What an idiot. Why would you admit to this after being forced to trade the guy for peanuts in comparison to that?

Because Rivera gonna Rivera. I really wish he would trade next years 1st for Marty Hurney. 

3 minutes ago, Arroz con Panther said:

It's possible, but it's also likely that he, now being the head coach, was informed of past recent history of the team he's coaching.

That might be the last time that happens. The last thing decision makers need is for their new coach to make them look like even bigger dumbasses by unnecessarily highlighting previous mistakes.

2 minutes ago, LegioX said:

So glad we fired him. My god what a horrible coach.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Rivera was a horrible coach, but it's clear Tepper made the correct call in giving Riverboat his walking papers. The more I'm seeing and hearing, Rivera was more of problem here than Hurney.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That might be the last time that happens. The last thing decision makers need is for their new coach to make them look like even bigger dumbasses by unnecessarily highlighting previous mistakes.

My exact sentiment, which is why I figured he must have been the one who offered the 1st rounder.

If team executives tell you, "hey we turned down a killer deal for a player we just traded for peanuts", i'd imagine they would want to keep that kind of stuff in house.

The trade for Okung also proves the Panthers were in the market for a LT but didn't want to give up draft capital.

39 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

Does Ron know this because he was the one offering the first round pick? 

It also means Washington turned down a first rounder only to later settle for a 4th and future 3rd. 

Ron Rivera and Dan Snyder are a match made in heaven.

This means Hurney offered it. Stfu 

48 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That decision maker isn’t there. Allen was already fired. Pretty sure there is no GM there now so he’s not pissing anyone off.

Archived