• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what’s going to happen if a player tests positive during “season”

LegioX

5 hours ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

If I'm remembering correctly the Bucs had an issue with MRSA a few years back. I'd assume it'd be similar to what happened there. A lot more attention to cleaning, hope only a small percentage test positive, and proceed cautiously. The NFL is too big to just cancel the season without at least trying. It's just like any other business dealing with risk. NFL will try lowering costs elsewhere so those funds can be put towards addressing the risk that is COVID-19.

Maybe drew brees will stop licking his hands before ball snap 

seriously though,. Football is a collision and physically touch sport 

I want it to go on too but I don’t want a player on a respirator 

28 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Maybe drew brees will stop licking his hands before ball snap 

seriously though,. Football is a collision and physically touch sport 

I want it to go on too but I don’t want a player on a respirator 

Not that often that a 25 year old is on a respirator

Can you find one, maybe, but it is a small, very small chance, especially with athletes.

3 hours ago, 4Corners said:

85k dead Americans. The economy is in the toilet. Also, America is divided thanks to comments, opinions, and actions of our elected officials. 

if you trust those numbers you need to wake up.  They have been fudging the numbers since the start, more and more doctors are coming out saying it.  

1 hour ago, Eddielab said:

Please don't compare our/aus response to covid to what the US has rolled out. I hate our pm but he made the tough call mid March and we are only partially lifting some restrictions now. Even with how low the numbers are we have some significant restrictions in place and rumor has they will be for months. 

Oh wow are you sure about this?  I've been told by multiple people that golfing, holding rallies, and saying COVID-19 was not only contained but would miraculously disappear in April is the best possible way this could have been handled and no one else could have done a better job.

Let’s just shut it all down now and forget the season while we wait for a vaccine that will never happen. There has never been an effective vaccine for any RNA virus and this one will be no different.  As for a second wave, this could be the second wave....an 82 year old associate I work with was just told this week that her sickness from mid December was Covid 19 as her tests for antibodies came back positive.  This thing has been floating around in the country for more than 6 months.  

41 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

Oh wow are you sure about this?  I've been told by multiple people that golfing, holding rallies, and saying COVID-19 was not only contained but would miraculously disappear in April is the best possible way this could have been handled and no one else could have done a better job.

How could i be so foolish, the power of positive thinking will get us through this pandemic. Who needs fake science or nasty facts.

To be fair US's response is a lot more complicated as Aus had a number of advantages compared to US. We are on a island, less international travellers, better healthcare system, smaller population and spread out.

In saying that the UK had a lot of these advantages and stuffed up their response to covid.

1 hour ago, ickmule said:

if you trust those numbers you need to wake up.  They have been fudging the numbers since the start, more and more doctors are coming out saying it.  

Honestly, the numbers are probably much higher. Wake up. 

53 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Honestly, the numbers are probably much higher. Wake up. 

If you say so.  Lol.  
government is not our friend and nothing they tell us is true. Once you realize that you will be better off.  

1 hour ago, ickmule said:

If you say so.  Lol.  
government is not our friend and nothing they tell us is true. Once you realize that you will be better off.  

Uh I am fully aware that the current government is absolutely not our friend and the person in the White House is a compulsive liar and colossal shitbag. I’m listening to the doctors and experts on this. Not some moron who doesn’t know Kansas City is in Missouri. 

i honestly think the numbers of people infected and deaths are higher than what they are telling us. Testing in the US is ranked like 36 in the world behind Belarus and generally speaking the healthcare system here wasn’t very good to begin with before the Rona struck. You’ve seen now Governors (DeSantis) tightening up on information getting out and Trump is finally Surrendering to the virus and is doing his best to try and suppress experts like Fauci and the other doctor he fired. 

people that think there’s going to be sports this year, Lol if things keep on rolling the way they are we might now have sports or concerts for two years. This virus may not be a big deal to you or you may think it’s fake but there is an insurmountable stack of evidence that says otherwise. Our country and world has never experienced anything like this. 

Archived