• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

tEddY brIdgEwAtEr cAn't thrOw dEEp

Icege

18 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I find it curious that you feel confident asserting this going into a season in which a brand new coaching staff with scant experience NFL experience, a roster in turmoil AFTER going 5-11, and a coronavirus environment that magnifies these lack of continuity negatives mean we have arguably as good a chance as any team in the league at landing the top spot in next year’s draft.

He will not answer

20 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I find it curious that you feel confident asserting this going into a season in which a brand new coaching staff with scant experience NFL experience, a roster in turmoil AFTER going 5-11, and a coronavirus environment that magnifies these lack of continuity negatives mean we have arguably as good a chance as any team in the league at landing the top spot in next year’s draft.

We are talking about the number 1 pick here, there are teams worse than Carolina.  As I said earlier this team looks more like a 5 to 6 win team than a 1 win team, which is what it would take to get the number 1 pick.  Now thanks to covid-19, everything's up in the air, who knows how things are going to turn out.  There are going to multiple teams who are going to be actively going after that #1 pick down the stretch.  Not to mention we have the saints as our last game, do you not think that if they have a playoff spot secured that they wont try to mess up any chance we have to get the number 1 pick even if this coaching staff and owner decided to go that route.

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He will not answer

You have your opinion about how bad the team is and I have mine.  I have seen many worse teams than this one. The only way they get the number 1 pick is if the owner decides day 1 that we will tank for it.  We already know they are not actively tanking this year.

Just now, jfra78 said:

We are talking about the number 1 pick here, there are teams worse than Carolina.  As I said earlier this team looks more like a 5 to 6 win team than a 1 win team, which is what it would take to get the number 1 pick.  Now thanks to covid-19, everything's up in the air, who knows how things are going to turn out.  There are going to multiple teams who are going to be actively going after that #1 pick down the stretch.  Not to mention we have the saints as our last game, do you not think that if they have a playoff spot secured that they wont try to mess up any chance we have to get the number 1 pick even if this coaching staff and owner decided to go that route.

I think that many many variables are in play and prognosticating about this season is as much as a crapshoot as it has ever been, but categorically ruling the Panthers out as any sort of meaningful possibility to pick first with so many obvious negatives strikes me as less than rational and fair minded. It could happen, it could not happen, but insisting it won’t because well....reasons...strikes me as a bit silly.

5 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I think that many many variables are in play and prognosticating about this season is as much as a crapshoot as it has ever been, but categorically ruling the Panthers out as any sort of meaningful possibility to pick first with so many obvious negatives strikes me as less than rational and fair minded. It could happen, it could not happen, but insisting it won’t because well....reasons...strikes me as a bit silly

My point is there will be teams actively going after that first pick and Carolina wont be one of them

Well he does have the privilege of playing with the best RB in the NFL again. He should also have plenty of weapons in Moore, Anderson, Samuel, and Thomas. Let’s just sit back and see what happens. Honestly I’m much more concerned about our defense...

5 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

My point is there will be teams actively going after that first pick and Carolina wont be one of them

You don't know Teppers mindset.  He's a data guy and surely understands the value of Lawrence.    I haven't seen any moves that signify we aren't in the running.

18 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

You have your opinion about how bad the team is and I have mine.  I have seen many worse teams than this one. The only way they get the number 1 pick is if the owner decides day 1 that we will tank for it.  We already know they are not actively tanking this year.

And you still cannot give a reason as to why we will not be one of the worst teams this year.   Just vague statements 

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy Bridgewater in 2019 - 2.82 seconds average time to throw. Tied for 23rd in the NFL. Brees was 2nd in the same system. For reference, Kyle Allen was 11th.

"Teddy was the NFL’s 13th-quickest passer among 37 qualifiers in Pro Football Focus’ Time to Throw metric, and his passer rating jumped from 87.6 to 108.4 whenever Bridgewater released the ball in 2.5 seconds or less."

----Evan Silva

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

"Teddy was the NFL’s 13th-quickest passer among 37 qualifiers in Pro Football Focus’ Time to Throw metric, and his passer rating jumped from 87.6 to 108.4 whenever Bridgewater released the ball in 2.5 seconds or less."

----Evan Silva

I was going off of NFL Next Gen stats. I don't know which is accurate. Every QB probably has a great rating when throwing in under 2.5 seconds, it's a dump off or someone is wide open.

I kept hearing Trey Lance is the best QB out of the three, Im still about 40% sure Teddy can be the guy. Another thing is I hate drafting QB that high when nearly the whole team needs talent/depth. It could be a total waste of a 1st overall pick, if you need a whole OL...... like the panthers will need in 2021. David Carr could have been a top ten all-timer, but houstons expansion team ruined the poor guy. 

Archived