• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Grier had the "Play of the Day" today

Jeremy Igo

41 minutes ago, Tepper’s Used Car Lot said:

Pretty pathetic state of the franchise when will grier hits on the play of the day 

You are aware that having the single best play of the day is entirely different than being the player of the day, no? 

oh wait, I forgot the cool thing to do is constantly bash everything about this team on this forum now. 

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

You are aware that having the single best play of the day is entirely different than being the player of the day, no? 

oh wait, I forgot the cool thing to do is constantly bash everything about this team on this forum now. 

Doesn’t matter. It’s will grier. He’s terrible and so is teddy

1 hour ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Definitely isn't. I am doing my best to get it turned around with some positivity. If enough people do that the negative Nancy's will be drowned out.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Definitely isn't. I am doing my best to get it turned around with some positivity. If enough people do that the negative Nancy's will be drowned out.

I’ve mostly checked out due to it all sadly, but I do appreciate your posts regarding the team lately. Between the virus keeping football news to a minimum and then the posters who refuse to do anything other than bash Tepper, Hurney, Teddy etc. it just got unbearable.

Never understood hating someone like Grier simply because Hurney drafted him early. Sure, that probably shouldn’t have been a 3rd round pick, but it isn’t his fault. What good is it to hate on the kid rather than pull for his growth and improvement? Same with Teddy. It isn’t his fault Cam was cut, why loath his Panthers existence and root for him to fail? Makes no sense.

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

Honestly, I thought about that but considered it an overblown issue. Some of the most notable receivers---including some of the best in history---in the league leave a few on the turf [Don't believe me? Look it up!].  Samuel bought a JUGS machine. I'll just trust that he's actually putting it to good use and that it will reflect in his play on Sundays.

Is a jugs machine at a professional wide receiver’s house even a big deal? I feel like our local media blew that story out of proportion. I mean, my little league baseball coach had a machine and batting cage at his house..

16 hours ago, top dawg said:

Honestly, I thought about that but considered it an overblown issue. Some of the most notable receivers---including some of the best in history---in the league leave a few on the turf [Don't believe me? Look it up!].  Samuel bought a JUGS machine. I'll just trust that he's actually putting it to good use and that it will reflect in his play on Sundays.

that is a positive development.   i didn't know about it.   i'm glad he's taking it seriously

3 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Pretty typical of 3rd round QBs... Not sure why anyone would expect much more than that.

He was more of an early 4th than a 3rd round pick. Every single team and then some had already selected in the third before he was. 

On 8/16/2020 at 11:01 AM, t96 said:

Why would fans hate to hear that we’re not giving up on Grier. Yeah he was bad last year but what rookie 3rd round QBs thrust into that situation aren’t bad. Give him time, there’s a chance he becomes a solid backup which is good enough for me. 

Most of us agree with you, but there were posters labeling him a bust before he ever stepped on the field. hard to say whether they're fans or not. That WAS a sweet long ball to Cooper though (who I'm also rooting for to sneak onto the WR corps).

On 8/16/2020 at 11:35 AM, Cary Kollins said:

Wait so Marty used a third for a guy they want to be a lifetime backup QB? Lolz

A third rounder for a long-term backup qb as the worst case scenario is not a bad investment.  Go back and track third rounders in the NFL over the past few years.

Archived