• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule wants to win

Jeremy Igo

Being mad with a win in week 3? That’s completely retarded. I can understand being upset with a win in week 17 when we’re already long eliminated from playoff contention, but wins this early in the season are absolutely great, especially in a year that some thought we had a shot to go down in infamy with a 0-16 season. Everyone should be thrilled with the win just so that it guarantees that won’t happen, at the very least. And I hope we win this week, and each week after. Just have realistic expectations that we probably won’t.

18 minutes ago, Panthers will Rhule said:

I’m actually incorrect. Rhule didn’t say it before the season. I think it was actually after the loss to Oakland. Rhule said it’s not about winning or losing. Just want to see the guys play hard. That to me is, hey guys we’re rebuilding. 

To me, that is about focusing on being in the moment and at their best rather than being distracted by what the result might or might not be.

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Being mad with a win in week 3? That’s completely retarded. I can understand being upset with a win in week 17 when we’re already long eliminated from playoff contention, but wins this early in the season are absolutely great, especially in a year that some thought we had a shot to go down in infamy with a 0-16 season. Everyone should be thrilled with the win just so that it guarantees that won’t happen, at the very least. And I hope we win this week, and each week after. Just have realistic expectations that we probably won’t.

As long as you understand that it hurts us to win.

39 minutes ago, SaltnPepper said:

Aikman 

Terry Bradshaw 

Did Plunkett start with the Raiders?

Cam got there.

Elway since he was a draft and trade.

Guess you can count one Manning and the other did win with his team.

Bledsoe got there.

Do I need to keep going?

David Carr won as a backup ... lol and that’s it... Drafting in the top five doesn’t guarantee anything.

9 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

David Carr won as a backup ... lol and that’s it... Drafting in the top five doesn’t guarantee anything.

What are you talking about?

Aikman won with cowboys 

Bradshaw won with Steelers. 

Every guy I listed either won it or got there with his team that drafted him.

Plenty of other number ones got their teams into consistent playoff teams.

Where are you getting your numbers from?

32 minutes ago, Panthers will Rhule said:

Sure. But now he wants to win? But a week or two ago, it was not about winning or losing. 

You can want to win and believe that not being focused on winning/losing helps gets you those wins by not distracting players from focusing on being in the moment 

10 minutes ago, SaltnPepper said:

What are you talking about?

Aikman won with cowboys 

Bradshaw won with Steelers. 

Every guy I listed either won it or got there with his team that drafted him.

Plenty of other number ones got their teams into consistent playoff teams.

Where are you getting your numbers from?

Bradshaw 4, Aikman 3, Eli 2, Peyton 1. Peyton 1 with Broncos, Bledsoe 1 as a backup, Plunkett 2 with the Raiders and Carr. Are we clear? 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Patriots, Steelers, Packers & even the Seahawks & the Ravens to an extent have been in the top echelon of teams for a while, and funny thing is they don't get top picks as a result of their continued success. We can do the same thing. It's not necessarily the top pick or a top 10 pick, or even a top 20 pick in some cases, you just have to make the right pick pertaining to a QB (& others).

I totally agree, but we have Hurney.  

3 hours ago, SaltnPepper said:

They all have elite HOF QBs.

Quit talking about miracle outliers when it comes to us finding a QB.

We had our Miracle with Jake. How many more do you think we will find?

First off, Jake was far from a miracle. Secondly, the point is that you don't need a top 10 pick to find an elite HOF QB!

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

First off, Jake was far from a miracle. Secondly, the point is that you don't need a top 10 pick to find an elite HOF QB!

Yes he was a Miracle. 

He was an undrafted free agent that we signed for nothing and took us to the Superbowl and a second NFC championship game. 

That's a Miracle. 

That he wasn't signed by someone else.

That he didn't just retire and take a regular job before he got to us.

Again you guys bring up outliers.

And there were specific reasons they slid that far.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

No, but you need someone who can find you an elite HOF QB.  Our current brain trust has to either have the 1st overall pick or stumble onto another Jake for this to work.  You decide which if either of the two is likely to happen.

Archived