• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Teddy will never be good enough" crowd

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

So if you are one who is saying “Teddy will never be good enough” or are in that crowd, I consider you to be in the same category as ones who started threads about cmc, Burns, Brown etc. If you are not, I don’t put you in that category. 

I’m not saying he will never be good enough. It’s just been two things holding me back: He’s still on pace for less than 20 passing TDs in a season and that is not franchise numbers, and it’s still very early and we haven’t gotten to the hard bits of the schedule yet. I replied to you because you said it’s the same crowd saying all those things and it’s not. 

8 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’m not saying he will never be good enough. It’s just been two things holding me back: He’s still on pace for less than 20 passing TDs in a season and that is not franchise numbers, and it’s still very early and we haven’t gotten to the hard bits of the schedule yet. I replied to you because you said it’s the same crowd saying all those things and it’s not. 

First he was on pace to throw for 14 tds and then 16 now he's on pace for 20, seems like that total keeps going up and up. 

Depends on your definition of good enough. Does good enough mean being a game changing, team on your back, main reason for winning QB? Or does that mean average that isn't completely terrible? 

To me, its the latter. He had 2 throws that should've been interceptions that were dropped and a couple other scary throws. His 2 passing TDs have been to wide open receivers within 5 yards. I don't think this is the game to be touting him. His range is below average to above average. He's isn't good enough in the sense to carry us to a Super Bowl. However, he could be good enough that if we build a really good team around him and the defense, we could get to the SB. However Hurney is still employed by us and he has already given multiple contracts to trash players and will hinder us from doing so.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's an odd thread to make given the reality that if the Cards' defenders could catch he'd have at least 3 if not 4 INTs.

You can say the same for every NFL qb in almost every game. Every game has near ints. That's the nfl. 

Guess what, they don't count 

Archived