• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Imma eating good this morning

mrcompletely11

Granted its crow but I will take it.  So yeah, I was dreadfully wrong and totally undervalued how good these coaches are.   This team is good all things considered.  Still a lot of holes and I still dont know if Teddy is the answer but one thing is for sure, we aint picking top 5 this year.   So yeah boys mea culpa for the past month.  I am on the rhule train.  Yesterday was fun and its been a long long time since I watched this franchise and couldnt stop smiling.    I have a meeting at 1230 so I am here until then so berate me boys because I sure deserve it.    

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Good of you to own it. Still will likely be some rough waters ahead, but this team is so promising. 

This coaching staff is like nothing I have ever seen before.  No more of that conservative bs we saw from  Fox or RR.  We look like a modern NFL team.  Not banging on Teddy but I would like to see some more deep shots mixed in.  I think picking a LT in the first no matter where we are is going to be the right play.  We are having to scheme quick passes to compensate for the lack of protection.  Going to be awesome to see when he gets time and the offense get really open up.

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Granted its crow but I will take it.  So yeah, I was dreadfully wrong and totally undervalued how good these coaches are.   This team is good all things considered.  Still a lot of holes and I still dont know if Teddy is the answer but one thing is for sure, we aint picking top 5 this year.   So yeah boys mea culpa for the past month.  I am on the rhule train.  Yesterday was fun and its been a long long time since I watched this franchise and couldnt stop smiling.    I have a meeting at 1230 so I am here until then so berate me boys because I sure deserve it.    

Being able to admit when one is wrong is a sign of maturity.

Or so I hear.

Never having been wrong about anything myself, I wouldn't know from personal experience, but good on ya sir.

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This coaching staff is like nothing I have ever seen before.  No more of that conservative bs we saw from  Fox or RR.  We look like a modern NFL team.  Not banging on Teddy but I would like to see some more deep shots mixed in.  I think picking a LT in the first no matter where we are is going to be the right play.  We are having to scheme quick passes to compensate for the lack of protection.  Going to be awesome to see when he gets time and the offense get really open up.

I'd like to see the next gen stats when they come out but I feel like Teddy took a fair number of shots downfield yesterday. Now did many of them connect? No, but for the moment I'm willing to chalk that up to still developing timing and chemistry with receivers. My gut says so far we haven't done enough damage throwing deep to keep teams honest long term. But Anderson and Samuel definitely have the wheels so if Teddy starts connecting with them deep with any regularity, this offense could be really really hard to stop.  I do think OL needs to be a top priority in the draft next year. 

Samuel making a couple of clutch catches yesterday was a huge positive in this direction. It's just one game but if he sheds his rep of speed but poor hands, things could get real fun real quick, especially once we get CMC back. Can you imagine an offense where the D can't stack the line against him because of Samuel and Robby's deep threats?

I’ll eat some crow as well. Never thought the D would improve this quickly. If we can jettison the dead weight of Short (should have saved money this year). Notice how Brown gets doubled and doesn’t give up and inch and you can’t even seen Short behind him. If Burns doesn’t get inside the ball goes right where Short was.

Stop wasting money, get rid of Hurney and keep having drafts with more than 1 starter and you’ve got a chance. Get Hurney out the door before he thinks we can contend and does something else. The coaches clearly played a big part in this draft and in a couple years they’re not looking at guys they know well, that’s when a good GM pays dividends.

39 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Agree with this. They have proven me wrong so far and I love it. 

Even when we were losing I thought this coaching staff was an upgrade from what we had before. And I didn’t want Rhule when rumors were floating we were interviewing or had interest. I didn’t think his schtick would work in the nfl. It might not years down the road with the same players. I thought he might be similar to Harbaugh in that way.

But it’s pretty obvious to even casual fans that this staff is smart, prepared and aggressive. Yesterday’s game was a showcase for elite coaching and preparation. Super promising. 

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Even when we were losing I thought this coaching staff was an upgrade from what we had before. And I didn’t want Rhule when rumors were floating we were interviewing or had interest. I didn’t think his schtick would work in the nfl. It might not years down the road with the same players. I thought he might be similar to Harbaugh in that way.

But it’s pretty obvious to even casual fans that this staff are smart, prepared and aggressive. Yesterday’s game was a showcase on elite coaching and preparation. Super promising. 

I was also skeptical of the motivational schtick and how less effective it might be with grown multi milionaires at the NFL level, but I am right there with you. Rhule and company are already showing that isn't the only component of their success. These guys are all over it, and it's just so refreshing to see.

6 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

But it’s pretty obvious to even casual fans that this staff are smart, prepared and aggressive. Yesterday’s game was a showcase on elite coaching and preparation. Super promising. 

I think there is a chance Rivera isn’t in Washington next season. Too old school. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

Did yesterday just feel fun? Obviously it’s fun to win but yesterday was a good all around fun game. I went to the local bar which a lot of panthers fans were at and we had a ball. I do like this coaching staff and Anderson was a great pick up!

Yesterday was a ton of fun 

Archived