• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Davis and Stewart/Tolbert

Devil Doc

17 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Please let their be a snap split of 80/20 when CMC gets back. Ideally, it would be 70/30, but I will happily settle for 80/20. Like just give Davis a series early in the 2nd quarter and one in the middle of the 3rd.

I have a feeling they will bring CMC back slowly. Ultimately, I think it would be nice to see something like 80/40 where both are on the field at the same time for like 20% of the snaps

1 minute ago, jfra78 said:

I have a feeling they will bring CMC back slowly. Ultimately, I think it would be nice to see something like 80/40 where both are on the field at the same time for like 20% of the snaps

you basically kick Samuel off the field and let CMC play his position to get both on the field. 

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

I’d be good with that too

People are hating on the take, but I see what you’re saying.  He runs hard as fug and fights for every yard.  I didn’t start watching football until 2009ish so I didn’t see Stephen Davis play.  Mike Davis’ balancing ability while still churning forwards reminds me a lot of Stew.  Fitting that he wears the number.  He’s impressed me so much these past few weeks.  

10 hours ago, PandaMan said:

People are hating on the take, but I see what you’re saying.  He runs hard as fug and fights for every yard.  I didn’t start watching football until 2009ish so I didn’t see Stephen Davis play.  Mike Davis’ balancing ability while still churning forwards reminds me a lot of Stew.  Fitting that he wears the number.  He’s impressed me so much these past few weeks.  

2003 was magic, sorry you missed it.

heres a video of Steven Davis

15 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Davis is great, but I think by the end of the year, there will be teams lined up to try and sign him. He'll have earned a bigger paycheck than we can probably offer him.

He really is starter quality as a RB and better than a lot of teams are fielding. Older guy who runs hard, has veteran instincts and truly values opportunities while having low mileage can be really attractive, especially with the game tape he's building up.

Still, if he was willing to stay for what he's making now, it'd be a no brainer to keep him around as our #2 RB.

It seems as though he’s running harder because the current staff recognizes his abilities and gave him a chance to showcase it. He’s bounced around the league quite a bit, maybe he’s found a home?

Archived