• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Davis and Stewart/Tolbert

Devil Doc

Mike Davis has been running like Marshawn Lynch to me. I’ve seen him years prior in Seattle and don’t remember him like this.. I think in one game the broadcasters said he thought his career was over and this opportunity meant a lot to him.. every carry he is running like it’s another chance to solidify his career. 

Just now, CLG said:

Mike Davis has been running like Marshawn Lynch to me. I’ve seen him years prior in Seattle and don’t remember him like this.. I think in one game the broadcasters said he thought his career was over and this opportunity meant a lot to him.. every carry he is running like it’s another chance to solidify his career. 

This does make since, he is running like his life depends on it literally. I just hope the Panthers keep him around, and have a dual threat. Heck, even Bonnafon is a good player to keep around. 

We need to use Davis like we did Tolbert when Cmc comes back. Davis has proven he is a great receiver out of the backfield and plows through defenders like a bowling ball. Getting McCaffrey and Davis on the field together is a must and will create some serious matchup nightmares for defenses. 

Davis is great, but I think by the end of the year, there will be teams lined up to try and sign him. He'll have earned a bigger paycheck than we can probably offer him.

He really is starter quality as a RB and better than a lot of teams are fielding. Older guy who runs hard, has veteran instincts and truly values opportunities while having low mileage can be really attractive, especially with the game tape he's building up.

Still, if he was willing to stay for what he's making now, it'd be a no brainer to keep him around as our #2 RB.

Archived