• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Myles Jack before the deadline?

Rags

Just now, Rags said:

Wait we can bail next season?

Holy fug what joyus news.

Maybe he'll progress but Shaq has just been Eric Reid 2.0. So far.

Yes, we can. We just have to get Hurney out of that GM chair before he inevitably restructures that contract after next season and handcuffs us to Shaq long-term. It's what he always does with contracts he should be feeding to the shredder.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I know people are impatient but I really want us to do this the slow way and build a consistent contender.

Granted, we probably have to dump Marty for that to happen, but still...

Por que no Los dos?

Whats the difference of drafting a LBer in the 2nd or 3rd or giving up one for Jack?

4 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Why? Jack has been nothing special. They have produced nearly identically.

Jack is a 3 down linebacker with treat coverage skills and a vocal leader for thar defense. 

If you just look at tackles sure but you know damn well its not just box score stats. Shaq had been a liablity in coverage, Jack is not.

2 minutes ago, Rags said:

Por que no Los dos?

Whats the difference of drafting a LBer in the 2nd or 3rd or giving up one for Jack?

Cap space. Jack is already on a big money contract. A rookie is much more cap friendly.  The best way to get talent for value is via the draft. It's why NFL teams value draft picks like gold.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Cap space. Jack is already on a big money contract. A rookie is much more cap friendly.  The best way to get talent for value is via the draft. It's why NFL teams value draft picks like gold.

I don't disagree but if we can bail on Shaq after next season before we have contracts like Moore and Burns come up its pretty much a wash at that point, yeah?

Unless you're planning on signing someone big this offseason its pretty low risk.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The number of years you get and the amount of money you pay for a guy that's already got wear and tear on him.

I agree but also: Talent.

Not saying Jack is the picture of consistency when it comes to his health and it is a risk, but for a garunteed talent at a position of absolute need (both Shaq and Whitehead have unsustainable play) it'd be a little safer to pay money for a guy with more tear and money if we're looking like we're gonna try to compete soon.

I don't know if this is a particularly deep LB class like last year kinda wad but just waiting for the draft is how we ended up with our o-line situation year after year. FA and trading is just as important as the draft.

51 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm just not up for making any big trades this season.

I'd rather see us continue to build.

I disagree if it makes sense. We probably will be top 10 in the draft but not top 5. So getting a quality player would be advantageous. 

Archived