• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wiseman won't make it to #3

bLACKpANTHER

I am now convinced Wiseman won't be available at #3 from listening to a few PODs and reading too many articles and mock drafts.. I think we will have to jump up to get him - IF he is the player that Mitch believes can make us truly better..

now, jumping up to #2 is tough because GSW probably would want anyone we have to offer other than Bridges - and that is just too much IMO.. but the way to do it is to swap Batum's expiring + Bridges for Wiggins:

tradenba-snap-1603679905451.thumb.png.ccb4473160a8245f8bcb8e1da20043b7.png

We would have a roster that looks like this:
PG- Graham/FA
SG- Rozier/Monk
SF- Wiggins/Cody
PF- Washington/FA
C- Wiseman/Zeller

So I think that is a possibility - but I don't like giving up Bridges in any trade scenario.. That's why I oddly think trading up to #1 might be a better way to go for us.. I think the Twolves would pull the trigger if we offered #3 and Rozier for #1 and James Johnson (once he opts into his player option):
tradenba-snap-1603678555883.thumb.png.42100d018ae721f26552a128a93df16a.png

For the Twolves, they are still able to pick one of the Top guards (Edwards or Ball) at #3 and add another wing to their mix.. Deangelo Russell, Malik Beasley, Rozier and Ball makeup a nice back court..

For the Hornets, we are able to move on from the "small" defensive backcourt problem we have had with Graham and Rozier (both 6'1).. we add another vet-Big to come in off the bench behind Washington that has a decent 3pt shot - å la Marvin Williams.. and now Monk slides into the starting SG role..

PG- Graham/FA
SG- Monk/Cody
SF- Bridges/Caleb
PF- Washington/Johnson
C- Wiseman/Zeller

Thoughts?

9 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

I am now convinced Wiseman won't be available at #3 from listening to a few PODs and reading too many articles and mock drafts.. I think we will have to jump up to get him - IF he is the player that Mitch believes can make us truly better..

now, jumping up to #2 is tough because GSW probably would want anyone we have to offer other than Bridges - and that is just too much IMO.. but the way to do it is to swap Batum's expiring + Bridges for Wiggins:

tradenba-snap-1603679905451.thumb.png.ccb4473160a8245f8bcb8e1da20043b7.png

We would have a roster that looks like this:
PG- Graham/FA
SG- Rozier/Monk
SF- Wiggins/Cody
PF- Washington/FA
C- Wiseman/Zeller

So I think that is a possibility - but I don't like giving up Bridges in any trade scenario.. That's why I oddly think trading up to #1 might be a better way to go for us.. I think the Twolves would pull the trigger if we offered #3 and Rozier for #1 and James Johnson (once he opts into his player option):
tradenba-snap-1603678555883.thumb.png.42100d018ae721f26552a128a93df16a.png

For the Twolves, they are still able to pick one of the Top guards (Edwards or Ball) at #3 and add another wing to their mix.. Deangelo Russell, Malik Beasley, Rozier and Ball makeup a nice back court..

For the Hornets, we are able to move on from the "small" defensive backcourt problem we have had with Graham and Rozier (both 6'1).. we add another vet-Big to come in off the bench behind Washington that has a decent 3pt shot - å la Marvin Williams.. and now Monk slides into the starting SG role..

PG- Graham/FA
SG- Monk/Cody
SF- Bridges/Caleb
PF- Washington/Johnson
C- Wiseman/Zeller

Thoughts?

If GS trades the pick, then I think we get him at 3. Regardless, I'm hopeful we do. 

If the Hornets REALLY want Wiseman, they have to jump up to 1.

I don't think the T-Wolves will want Rozier, they may ask for a future lottery protected pick, kind of similar to the 76ers/Celtics trade from a few years ago that involved Fultz and Tatum and also the Mavericks/Hawks trade from a couple years ago that involved Doncic and Young...

Or if you somehow can talk them into the idea of accepting the Rozier trade instead, you'd have to throw in a few 2nd round picks, which is very unlikely.

Here's options that I think we have (In order from most likely for the T-Wolves to accept):

#1 overall pick FOR #3 overall pick + 2021 Top 10 protected (Maverick's was only top 5 protected, so this the best we could do IMO)

This is ONLY if the Hornets really really want Wiseman and believe that he'll be an elite player that they're willing to give up a future first rounder for.  T-Wolves still get to select either Anthony Edwards or Lamelo Ball plus aquire a future first round pick, which could turn to be a good one since it's a Hornets first round pick.

OR

#1 overall pick + SF James Johnson FOR #3 overall pick

Hornets get Wiseman, T-Wolves get rid of Johnson's contract in order to possibly sign a third superstar in free agency while only moving back two spots, still being to select either Anthony Edwards or Lamelo Ball.

OR

#1 overall pick FOR #3 overall pick + #32 overall pick + 2021 second round pick + 2022 second round pick

Again, very unlikely of a trade but only way I see this happening is if the T-Wolves REALLY want to make a trade happen but no team decides to give up a superstar player to move to #1 due to the fear of it being a weak draft class.  So they take the best deal on the table, which is the Hornets deal...they know they still get to pick one of the two players they've been looking into the most, and get some 2nd round picks back plus this year's which is a very high 2nd round pick.  Plus they might not be sure which of the two (Lamelo or Edwards) will be better, so they'd prefer for the team ahead of them to select one of the two and make their decision that much easier.

For this trade, you could even also add Johnson to sweeten the deal for the T-Wolves.

OR

Just stay put at #3 and hope for the best...

2 hours ago, DeSim said:

#1 overall pick FOR #3 overall pick + 2021 Top 10 protected (Maverick's was only top 5 protected, so this the best we could do IMO)

This is ONLY if the Hornets really really want Wiseman and believe that he'll be an elite player that they're willing to give up a future first rounder for.  T-Wolves still get to select either Anthony Edwards or Lamelo Ball plus aquire a future first round pick, which could turn to be a good one since it's a Hornets first round pick.

This is the way I think it goes.. I have have read this scenario on a few different sites and believe we are all in for Wiseman.. If I were GM, I think I'd pull the trigger on that but hate myself in the morning.. However, I think Mitch is smarter than me and if he does something else - i trust him..

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

This is the way I think it goes.. I have have read this scenario on a few different sites and believe we are all in for Wiseman.. If I were GM, I think I'd pull the trigger on that but hate myself in the morning.. However, I think Mitch is smarter than me and if he does something else - i trust him..

I think this is definitely what it'll take, but will it happen? Unfortunately, I don't think Mitch will make that move(I HOPE he does, though).  I think T-Wolves stay at #1 and pick either Ball or Edwards and Wiseman will go #2, whether it's the Warriors or another team...

I'll root for whoever we select (even if it's Ball), but if Wiseman is gone when it's our turn to pick, I'll be hoping for a trade back.  I'll trust whatever Mitch does.

I'm not really super in the loop on these prospects, but this trading up idea kinda reeks of Philly trading up for Fultz a few years ago... Look how that one turned out... In a draft like this where there is no consensus at all and several highly ranked players who have a bunch of question marks, I don't think it makes sense to trade up. I'm all for taking a chance on Wiseman at 3, but if he does go before then, I'd say just take the next highly ranked player. Wiseman isn't Anthony Davis or Zion. Although I do trust our current front office to make the right move, as they've done a pretty damn good job so far I'd say. If we did trade up for Wiseman I'd be excited as hell, but as of now I just don't think it's the best move.

Thinking we're going to see the Hornets trade up to 1 and grab him with the above mentioned scenario.  #3 and next year's 1st, but maybe only Top 5 protected. The Ringer's mock draft mentioned the same trade, with next year's pick being unprotected. 

Thinking that's the framework of the deal that eventually gets done, all just depends on the protections as to whether the trigger gets pulled or not. Top 10 protection won't get it done IMO. Shoot for Top 5 protected, and if they want it unprotected there's a huge decision to make. With next year's class being potentially loaded, don't know if I'd like the idea of the pick being unprotected.  

8 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Thinking we're going to see the Hornets trade up to 1 and grab him with the above mentioned scenario.  #3 and next year's 1st, but maybe only Top 5 protected. The Ringer's mock draft mentioned the same trade, with next year's pick being unprotected. 

Thinking that's the framework of the deal that eventually gets done, all just depends on the protections as to whether the trigger gets pulled or not. Top 10 protection won't get it done IMO. Shoot for Top 5 protected, and if they want it unprotected there's a huge decision to make. With next year's class being potentially loaded, don't know if I'd like the idea of the pick being unprotected.  

Yep. I saw that Mock Draft too. Made me shiver a bit. Oh well, in Mitch we trust. Or bust. Or something like that. 

10 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Golden st will likely jump on wiseman....they need him to combat AD

I thought that first as well.. but they can't seriously believe a rookie with a handful of college games under his belt - ready to defend AD in a 7 game series.. they need a vet Center but idk anymore..

Archived