• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Teddy Bridgewater the future at QB for the Carolina Panthers

jfra78

Is Teddy Bridgewater the future at QB for the Carolina Panthers  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Is Teddy Bridgewater the future at QB for the Carolina Panthers

• Yes
    • No

11 minutes ago, Varking said:

Imagine thinking Brian Burns sucks on any forum. 

Oh I guarantee you I can find a couple Facebook comments of people who think Brian Burns sucks. Just as reputable as referencing a Reddit thread lol.

”Can’t believe we spent a first round pick on this Burns guy. Just looked up his stats, only 4 sacks on the year! Tied for 27th smh”.

5 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

What are you basing that off of? Preseason hype?  If our offense is getting outperformed by our defense even with a much more talented roster comparably, that isn’t a particularly strong endorsement of Brady. He hasn’t done nearly enough in his first year to be talking about head coaching opportunities yet like it’s a foregone conclusion.

Multiple NFL insiders expecting him to get HC interviews in this year's carousel.

Just now, MasterAwesome said:

Oh I guarantee you I can find a couple Facebook comments of people who think Brian Burns sucks. Just as reputable as referencing a Reddit thread lol.

”Can’t believe we spent a first round pick on this Burns guy. Just looked up his stats, only 4 sacks on the year! Tied for 27th smh”.

Well in my defense I’m not going to link Carolina Huddle when showing examples of Viking fans not agreeing with the choice. And I’m not going around interviewing their fans right now. So I don’t believe it’s as ridiculous as you might think. But to each their own. 

44 minutes ago, Varking said:

Want to assign all the other stats I’ve already provided that shows even this year Watson is better? After that I’ll continue to play this game. How is it Watson has scored more than Teddy despite a lack of talent around him? The Texans top RB would be our third. Their top WR MIGHT be our third. How come the Texans are scoring more than us? How come Teddy isn’t averaging the same amount of yards per game? Why is Teddys TD to int so much worse than Watsons? Why has Watson been the playoffs multiple times but Teddy hasn’t? Why in a ball control offense did Teddy turn it over so much in Minni? I could go on and on but anyone thinking Teddy is in the same tier as Watson is trolling. 

So now you're saying DeShaun is excused because the Texans roster went from playoff-game winners in 2019...

...to worse than the Panthers who were 5-11 in 2019 and expected to go 0-16 in 2020?

f bill o'brien and f what he made deshaun play in front of, and f him for not protecting deshaun for how many years?  and then trying to fix it with kalil after seeing what kalil did here.  turnstil was too little too late.   its been like watching what ron did with cam here and its sickening

6 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

So now you're saying DeShaun is excused because the Texans roster went from playoff-game winners in 2019...

...to worse than the Panthers who were 5-11 in 2019 and expected to go 0-16 in 2020?

No. Stop doing that. Stop trying to tell me what I’m saying and just answer the questions asked. And the season isn’t over yet. If they finish with 5 wins and we finish with 4 does that mean Watson is instantly better again? Is Big Ben the best QB in football right now? Drew Brees, Matt Ryan and Tom Brady are all better than Teddy because they have better records by seasons end? Giving us the worst QB in the NFCS? No “expert” predicted is to go 0-16. I’m still waiting for you to give me your analysis on the stats I provided a handful of posts back that you keep ducking. 

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

No. Stop doing that. Stop trying to tell me what I’m saying and just answer the questions asked. And the season isn’t over yet. If they finish with 5 wins and we finish with 4 does that mean Watson is instantly better again? Is Big Ben the best QB in football right now? Drew Brees, Matt Ryan and Tom Brady are all better than Teddy because they have better records by seasons end? Giving us the worst QB in the NFCS? No “expert” predicted is to go 0-16. I’m still waiting for you to give me your analysis on the stats I provided a handful of posts back that you keep ducking. 

clicking the ignore button on that one has made my life a lot better bro

On 11/15/2020 at 3:01 PM, Kentucky Panther said:

Teddy over Watson.. yikes. 

I never said any such thing. 

A few huggers keep suggesting that franchise QB's need to be able to "take-over" a game and win it singelhandedly...that's just not how it works in the NFL...if it were the Texans wouldn't be 2-7 at this point.

I am not convinced Teddy is a Star QB, but definitely NOT the biggest problem facing the Panthers at this time.  The lack of defense is a MAJOR Deficiency.  We really need players with speed and strength.  Rolling on the ground to avoid contact is not defense. Hope there will be major changes next year.  This year was a rehearsal.

if teddy keeps playing the way he is, he'll have the highest completion percentage in a season of anyone not named brees in nfl history. in a league where everyone is running west coast offense that's a relevant stat. efficiency is of great importance to analytics and honestly the game has changed a lot since teddy came into the league in ways that favor his game. he was a first round quarterback despite his arm strength because everything else is good. it honestly wouldn't shock me to see him have a career similar to alex smith's who was always being coached to throw downfield when his real strength was the short to intermediate game. smith didn't have his first pro bowl season until he was 29 and being utilized to his strengths. 

the real key about quarterbacks historically that have played like teddy (derek carr, kirk cousins, alex smith, etc.) is that they move the ball methodically and there's virtually no "shot taking" in the playbook and subsequently all your chunk passing plays come from YAC and that is difficult to predict. plus, they aren't ideal in the red zone when the windows close quicker and without a fastball, your target has to be very very open. you can scheme around that to a degree, but it's not ideal. plus, the scheme we have to run with teddy as our starter limits CMC's touches in the passing game unless they specifically design for him and that isn't ideal for us.

those that don't want him are those that want to trade their milk cow for magic beans. it's understandable to a degree to want your own home grown star, but you've clearly got a starter here. what he has shown in an offense limited by injuries and holes (especially at TE, which is one of the most important pass catchers in a wco style offense) is enough to secure his position provided there is no significant drop off from here to the end of the season. that's my like it or lump it take. 

Archived