• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Phil Snow vs Joe Brady

Jorgie

Phil Snow vs Joe Brady  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who's doing a better job?

• Phil Snow
    • Joe Brady

the defense has had arguably the worst defensive back roster in the league, the linebackers are average at best, we hang around in games but they couldnt stop a nose bleed.

the offense unquestionably has better players they can move the ball and keep us in games, but it feels like when it comes to context plays(3rd and 4th down, redzone) they cant get the job done

Just now, GoobyPls said:

The defense has definitely overachieved this season, I thought our offense would be better. The only game I blame our D for was the Raiders game 

Agree with this take. It's painfully obvious how terrible the defense is(arguably the worst we have ever fielded in the history of the franchise) but they always seem to hang around. The offense is struggling in the red zone and our OL is really falling apart. 

All that said....the offense is putting us in position to win more often than not. The defense...not so much. 

Eh, I say Brady because even though we do have a really good WR corps and solid run game (without cmc in there) the fact we’re doing as well as we are with Bridgewater at QB is impressive. Snow having our defense looking decent is also impressive with meh in the secondary and arguably the worst LB corps in the league, but we also have talent on the DL. So I’d say they’re close, but since the defense doesn’t have one single position that it hinges upon and we’re weak at that position, I give the edge to Brady. 

Just now, Jorgie said:

i think joe bradys inability to adapt to the oline being hurt and  getting smoked last night is very telling. its easier to look good when you have drew brees and joe burrow and those offenses to execute your play calls.

I don't think Joe Brady has ever had to coach an OL as bad as ours currently is. We were able to disguise some of the deficiencies in the interior of the OL when Okung and Moton were shutting down the ends, but once Okung went out with injury, we have 4 of 5 offensive linemen getting beat like rented mules.

16 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Eh, I say Brady because even though we do have a really good WR corps and solid run game (without cmc in there) the fact we’re doing as well as we are with Bridgewater at QB is impressive. Snow having our defense looking decent is also impressive with meh in the secondary and arguably the worst LB corps in the league, but we also have talent on the DL. So I’d say they’re close, but since the defense doesn’t have one single position that it hinges upon and we’re weak at that position, I give the edge to Brady. 

Hmm.  Our OL as a unit is very bad. Moton is the only really good player playing right now.  WR and RB are both strengths. TE is awful.  Bridgewater is, probably, a mid-to-low-tier starter. 

But our defense... Eesh.  Is there anyone we really would want starting other than Brown, Chinn, Burns, and Shaq?  And Shaq, to me, is basically the equivalent of Teddy on D, heh.

In some ways its close, but given Brady's hype, I just think Snow is doing better.  Snow's defense actually seems to come up in clutch situations, while Brady's offense falters.  That is on Bridgewater sometimes, but sometimes it is on Brady.

21 minutes ago, Jorgie said:

i think joe bradys inability to adapt to the oline being hurt and  getting smoked last night is very telling. its easier to look good when you have drew brees and joe burrow and those offenses to execute your play calls.

I do not believe any OC could cover for our OL's deficiencies, really, but some of his crunch time playscalls have been suspect.  And while our top 3 WRs are all very good, with CMC out, who else really is there on offense?

I do think O has way more talent than D, but with all our injuries etc, this offense has been really hurting.

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I do not believe any OC could cover for our OL's deficiencies, really, but some of his crunch time playscalls have been suspect.  And while our top 3 WRs are all very good, with CMC out, who else really is there on offense?

I do think O has way more talent than D, but with all our injuries etc, this offense has been really hurting.

Mike Davis and Curtis Samuel ran very well last night. I don't think we are going to see the offensive struggles disappear when CMC returns. If Okung can't get healthy and the interior of that line doesn't get it together, adding CMC isn't going to put us over the top. Our red zone efficiency should go up quite a bit, but I am not sure our overall results will improve.

Archived