• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If your the GM who are you trading for ?

Calboyz13

10 hours ago, imminent rogaine said:

I liked the Quinnen Williams idea. He is young and fills a need. Allows you to look mlb and o-line in what looks to be a good draft for those things. 

Our D-Line would be a problem if we somehow added Williams.  That being said - he is probably going to fetch too high of an asking price for a team trying to rebuild.  I could see maybe a 3rd or 2nd, but NY is probably going after a 1st.

7 hours ago, rippadonn said:

This franchise lacks a compass. The direction is no direction at all.

Star power is the lowest since.....damn, 2001 maybe, so ability is obviously diminished greatly as a whole.

This is a HUGE rebuild. We are past the point of no return for a re-load/quick turnaround.

I can't see a way for any GM to turn around this massive degradation of talent and ability. It's a long road, may as well start from scratch again 1996 style, but that's what ownership wanted, I just don't understand why he didn't convince the NFL to give him an expansion franchise instead of buying and tearing a relatively good franchise down to almost nothing.

We'd need a heck of a GM to fix this mess anytime soon. It's been my team since day one so I'm very hopeful but due to bad business I'm not as optimistic as I have been.

Have you watched any of our games this year?  What I have seen does not reflect what you just said here.

1 minute ago, SetfreexX said:

I'd send a 3rd to NY for Quinnen, he has 2 years left on the rookie deal + a 5th year option. We can then move on from KK and save his cap this off-season. The odds of getting a DT of Quinnen's caliber in the 3rd are slim anyway, accumulating picks doesn't mean a damn thing if they don't pan out. So make a move for a proven young commodity on a rookie deal. 

This allows us to focus future Free Agent money or picks on other areas of the roster -- OL / EDGE / LB / TE / DB / S

I think we could come out of one more off-season looking pretty solid, and to be fair I had us as a 6 win team, I think we still get up around that, I am also not convinced that Teddy is the long-term answer at QB, I think he was brought in to keep us competitive on offense so that skill guys could be evaluated with competent QB play, but to me I don't think he's who we will build around. 

Perhaps not this draft, but by the next I think we see a QB added. 

There is literally zero chance Quinnen happens for a 3rd. It’s not even happening for a 2nd. The minimum for him is a 1st and it’s more likely that it would take a 1st and a 3rd to get the Jets to give him up especially since he has been playing pretty well this year.

12 minutes ago, Icege said:

Definitely worth looking at those guys just for the due diligence. If the team can throw a 6th for Njoku, I'd be down. Hard to see them trading any picks this year though since they're already missing a 7th. 

Would Cleveland be willing to part with a guy they drafted in the first round a few years ago for a 6th?

14 minutes ago, joemac said:

Would Cleveland be willing to part with a guy they drafted in the first round a few years ago for a 6th?

He wanted out before the season and reportedly still wants out at the deadline. Cleveland can get something or nothing if nobody else makes an offer. If a player wants out, teams will typically wait for their release rather than go after him. Njoku is only 24yrs old and a heck of an athlete. I'd b cool with a 5th at the most, but would prefer to keep that and toss the 6th if possible.

20 minutes ago, joemac said:

He’s been dropped to 3rd string TE(currently 2nd with Hooper’s appendectomy) and he has requested a trade so it’s certainly possible they would. 5th might be more realistic. There is a good chance he gets cut in the off-season so they don’t have to pay his $6M 5th year option to be their 3rd stringer so it would be smart to get something for him rather nothing considering you can’t get comp picks for players you cut.

23 minutes ago, joemac said:

Have you watched any of our games this year?  What I have seen does not reflect what you just said here.

No, only highlights and stats. I'm taking the year off from watching (after being banned for not cheer leading)and am a much happier person for it.

Who are the stars? Who can dominate the person across from them with any consistency?

Is the Teddy experience yielding positive outcomes? No, statistically and no in the W column.

Quite refreshing to just be a numbers guy, no concern for the how and why, just the stats.

Who's your best player on the team? Don't have one. Best position group? Nobody is lighting it up.

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

No, only highlights and stats. I'm taking the year off from watching (after being banned for not cheer leading)and am a much happier person for it.

Who are the stars? Who can dominate the person across from them with any consistency?

Is the Teddy experience yielding positive outcomes? No, statistically and no in the W column.

Quite refreshing to just be a numbers guy, no concern for the how and why, just the stats.

Who's your best player on the team? Don't have one. Best position group? Nobody is lighting it up.

We have two receivers in the top ten in yards and a third receiver who has established himself as one of the best third down players regardless of position in the entire NFL. I think the WRs have been the best position group. Statistically speaking. 

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

We have two receivers in the top ten in yards and a third receiver who has established himself as one of the best third down players regardless of position in the entire NFL. I think the WRs have been the best position group. Statistically speaking. 

I've actually noticed. They need to ride DJ in my opinion.

26 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

1. Who are the stars? Who can dominate the person across from them with any consistency? 

2. Who's your best player on the team? Don't have one. Best position group? Nobody is lighting it up.

1. CMC is already a household name. Burns and Brown are well on their way to being respected by people who matter. Chinn just won DROTM. Robby is currently a top 10 receiver. DJ is just outside that even with Teddy almost completely ignoring him.

2. Again, Christian McCaffrey. Ever heard of him?

If the Panthers were something like 6-2 right now and looking like a playoff contender but the biggest weakness was DT or MLB, of course you are going to trade for someone to improve your team. But, this team is 3-5 and currently on a 3 game losing streak. There is no reason to try and add pieces while sacrificing future assets. 

Archived