• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Number.1 Person that has to go besides Whitehead is Philip Snow

Calboyz13

26 minutes ago, Mage said:

Dude, why do people keep bringing up the "only rush 3" crap?

Plenty of times today we blitzed and guess what happened?  We don't have the corners or safeties to afford being able to blitz.  We have to drop as many in coverage to give us even a chance to stop passing offenses.  There is a reason Brian Burns has low sack numbers.

This defense has 5 or 6 rookies getting a lot of PT, most of them UDFA/late-round guys.  I'm not saying Snow is great, but this isn't on him.  We have the league's worst talent on defense, BY FAR.  We knew this going INTO the season.  Why is this shocking?

Quite frankly it's a miracle we ever won 3 games.  

Because you don’t run a 3-3-5 in the NFL! You run it in college and guess what that doesn’t even work Auburn use to run a 3-3-5 under Malzahn and he runs a 3-4 -4-3 now why? Because the 3-3-5 is a bluff

Our offense and defense seem to have opposing strengths and weaknesses. The offense typically moves well between the 20s and struggles in the red zone. Defense is absolute swiss cheese between the 20s and tightens up in the red zone (i.e. bend, don’t break). Our defense practically forcing 0 punts in the last 4 weeks (yeah yeah technically 2 punts, but both coming on the opponents’ last drive while running out the clock) is abysmal.

Today the offense and defense both sucked all around, but the above breakdown has been the story of our losing streak for the most part.

Just now, CarolinaRideorDie said:

My concern is that Rhule will stick to Snow because he has been with him pretty much his entire coaching career. Hope his judgment is not clouded by her personal relationship with Snow. 

Exactly is all I’m saying look at our defense in 2015 we had a bunch of old heads who way outta their prime Adam’s Allen Tillman Cortland Finnegan etc I’m not saying this defense and the players are bad as well but I’m saying it’s coaching you aren’t  utilizing the talent you have we could of traded for a Linebacker look at what the saints did all I’m saying is coaching is what makes you good and taking your craft to the next level In your career which is being elite 

3 minutes ago, Calboyz13 said:

Exactly is all I’m saying look at our defense in 2015 we had a bunch of old heads who way outta their prime Adam’s Allen Tillman Cortland Finnegan etc I’m not saying this defense and the players are bad as well but I’m saying it’s coaching you aren’t  utilizing the talent you have we could of traded for a Linebacker look at what the saints did all I’m saying is coaching is what makes you good and taking your craft to the next level In your career which is being elite 

no doubt dude, i can't believe they aren't 11 sure fire hall of famers yet.  this is horse crap.   on all the other teams playing  4 rookies those rookies are already in the hall of fame.      snow is a complete failure.    or, and hear me out on this - you're being ridiculous

I think or at least hope the defense will look drastically different next year. To me, its not aggressive but rather a bend dont break take with more focus on coverage due to lack of talent. I think the entire scheme will change with actual talent, and he will do better at putting players in a position to succeed rather than being tied to a specific scheme.

6 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Give me the name of a DC who could do better with the horrible talent we have...

Wade Phillips you have to match the defense with the DC coordinator look at the Baylor and temple defense specially Baylor against Georgia come on now theirs more then enough talent Earl Thomas was getting ready to sign a 2.5 million contract to the Texans before Covid ran and kick the door in the Texans stadium.. 

4 minutes ago, BPF said:

I think or at least hope the defense will look drastically different next year. To me, its not aggressive but rather a bend dont break take with more focus on coverage due to lack of talent. I think the entire scheme will change with actual talent, and he will do better at putting players in a position to succeed rather than being tied to a specific scheme.

Hopefully I just don’t see it because of what he’s displaying this and what he displayed against Georgia at Baylor we had plenty of chances to trade corner or Linebacker DT also but they did nothing..

Let's not forget that our offense handed the ball to the Bucs at our own 21, 35 and 38 yard lines in the second half.  You need a GREAT defense to keep you in the game when you do stupid (*@# like that.

Our defense is terrible.  Our offense is somewhat better, but certainly nothing above average considered over the league as a whole. I thought we knew this coming into the season.

I'm all for cutting loose people who aren't helping us win, but asking Phil Snow to make anything out of this collection of misfits is asking far too much.  We have one above average player in the entire back seven, and he's a rookie.  We have SEVERAL historically bad players in that back seven.

2 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

My concern is that Rhule will stick to Snow because he has been with him pretty much his entire coaching career. Hope his judgment is not clouded by her personal relationship with Snow. 

Thats why you name him "Special Assistant to the Head Coach" and hire an actual DC to call the plays.

2 hours ago, Calboyz13 said:

Because you don’t run a 3-3-5 in the NFL! You run it in college and guess what that doesn’t even work Auburn use to run a 3-3-5 under Malzahn and he runs a 3-4 -4-3 now why? Because the 3-3-5 is a bluff

What Auburn team do you watch? Except for playing a 3-2-6 against LSU last year, they have 5 DBs and 2 LBs on 95% of plays. 

Archived