• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

at what point do you just bench tre boston to send a message

PhillyB

6 minutes ago, philit99 said:

True, I guess my argument is that I expect my tackles or linebackers to shed blocks. Why do I constantly rely on my safeties or corners to make the tackles in the run game.

No one is questioning the need for a LB I'm leaning more every day for Parsons.... Boston is supposed to be the FS the literal last line of defense and consistently shits the bed..  In coverage tackling his angles.... 

4 minutes ago, philit99 said:

We have talent there, but the second and third units are liabilities on both sides.

Most offensive linemen play 100% of the snaps depth isn't as much of an issue there if they stay healthy (most of ours are injury prone) Also take a peak at how many offensive linemen we currently have under contract for 2021.

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

No one is questioning the need for a LB I'm leaning more every day for Parsons.... Boston is supposed to be the FS the literal last line of defense and consistently shits the bed..  In coverage tackling his angles.... 

When he got that touchdown scored on him and looked behind himself like there was suppose to be someone over the top, realized he is the top and then looked in front of him like it was everyone else fault but his own. 

8 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Most offensive linemen play 100% of the snaps depth isn't as much of an issue there if they stay healthy (most of ours are injury prone) Also take a peak at how many offensive linemen we currently have under contract for 2021.

I’m talking Daley and anyone other than Okung at LT. I’ll look it up right away, my guess is 1 or 2. Matt Paradis is the only one it looks like, lol. Got to love it.

36 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

buress is back and looks really good. do you try playing chinn at safety full time and bring up depth at OLB that you think could compete for a position next year?

boston won't be back and we're not winning anything, so what do you have to gain by keeping him on the field?

I think this is a better question. If I’m guessing from the vibe, Rhule is thinking long term. Don’t get me wrong , Boston is terrible on the field for the most part but he is an emotional leader for the young guys. 

Let him ride this year to establish some culture is what I’m seeing. (Long game ) I never defend Boston but more defense of Rhules vision of what we have ...and where we need to go . 

3d chess and a lot of nuance in the locker room. 

My optimistic 2 cents bro . 

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

When he got that touchdown scored on him and looked behind himself like there was suppose to be someone over the top, realized he is the top and then looked in front of him like it was everyone else fault but his own. 

He's painful to watch... He's constantly free lancing and has no interest in playing within the defense.... or making a routine tackle.

Archived