Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

QB, or OC?


iamhubby1

Recommended Posts

    If I had told you 3 months ago that Anderson, DJ, and Samuel would be leading the league in yardage, would you have believed it? And now that you know it. Does it change your mind about Bradys' offense? I mean, is it the QB, or the OC?

    What if PJ balls out? Oh shmitt, what does that say about our need for a future QB? Is it the QB, or the system? Can any QB with half a brain run this? Or do we actually need one of those studs everyone is talking about? OK, everyone wants one of those stud QBs, I mean, who wouldn't? 

    Point being. There are a 100 Offenses, with a 100 OCs, with a 100 QBs out there. It is getting to the point that everyone knows. If you don't get your QB this year, get him next year. There are plenty to go around. This ain't your Grandmas NFL. (Get that QB on a 5 year deal, then go out and get another one.) Spend your resources one Oline, and the Skill Positions.

    The College Spread Offense has arrived. And our Panthers are pretty good at running it. Just not so much at stopping it.

    Good night. Talk to you in the morning. 

     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

    If I had told you 3 months ago that Anderson, DJ, and Samuel would be leading the league in yardage, would you have believed it? And now that you know it. Does it change your mind about Bradys' offense? I mean, is it the QB, or the OC?

    What if PJ balls out? Oh shmitt, what does that say about our need for a future QB? Is it the QB, or the system? Can any QB with half a brain run this? Or do we actually need one of those studs everyone is talking about? OK, everyone wants one of those stud QBs, I mean, who wouldn't? 

    Point being. There are a 100 Offenses, with a 100 OCs, with a 100 QBs out there. It is getting to the point that everyone knows. If you don't get your QB this year, get him next year. There are plenty to go around. This ain't your Grandmas NFL. (Get that QB on a 5 year deal, then go out and get another one.) Spend your resources one Oline, and the Skill Positions.

    The College Spread Offense has arrived. And our Panthers are pretty good at running it. Just not so much at stopping it.

    Good night. Talk to you in the morning. 

     

I think it is mostly the OC but you have to have a QB that can not only be effective in the short game, but have the ability to stretch the field with the deep ball. 

Brees is probably the best at it.  He'll dink and dunk you to death and hit home run with a shot down the field. 

We have half that in TB.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s all OC. Any random ass QB can execute what we’re doing as well or better than Teddy. Teddy brings nothing to the table. A lot of the yards are YAC and WRs making great catches on bad passes.  If we get a QB thats actually accurate (vs just had a high completion % due to scheme and receivers) and can read the field and has the arm to make all the throws, we’ll be a top 5 offense. The scheme and plays have been great. Occasionally we’ll see a drive or two where the play calling could be better considering the situation, but it’s never egregious like Chud’s tendency to throw bombs on 3rd and 1 or Shula’s whole career. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't give two sh(ts about receiving yardage. I care about the offense putting up points to win the game, sustaining drives to keep the D off the field, and being able to come up in the clutch. We haven't been able to do those things. And I think that has more to do with the QB than the OC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think it's ALL OC. Our receivers are pretty darn good and deserve some credit.

i agree and last week showed us that they're still the jv team compared to evans, godwin and AB.    they're good for us and our history, but not really that good even considering yardage.   our wr's are like the decent quality knock off carharts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, raz said:

i agree and last week showed us that they're still the jv team compared to evans, godwin and AB.    they're good for us and our history, but not really that good even considering yardage.   our wr's are like the decent quality knock off carharts.

Give our WRs a legit franchise QB and watch what happens. The QB is the primary limitation of this offense, followed closely by the OL. The WRs and RBs are very good. You can't give one group Tom Brady and the other group Teddy Bridgewater then act like it's a fair playing field to compare. Some of those throws Brady made in the 1st half were unreal. Our D actually played really well in the 1st half, Tom Brady just made some perfect throws into some pretty tight coverages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Give our WRs a legit franchise QB and watch what happens. The QB is the primary limitation of this offense, followed closely by the OL. The WRs and RBs are very good. You can't give one group Tom Brady and the other group Teddy Bridgewater then act like it's a fair playing field to compare.

give them both mahomes and you know what will happen.  not one of our wr's would be starting on that team

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, raz said:

give them both mahomes and you know what will happen.  not one of our wr's would be starting on that team

 Two top 10 WRs and a top 10 WR ever is a tough lineup to crack for any team. The WRs on the Panthers are the last problem except what to pay them. It’s a top 5 group. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, raz said:

give them both mahomes and you know what will happen.  not one of our wr's would be starting on that team

I think the Bucs' unit is better - primarily due to Mike Evans, but they're arguably the #1 unit in the league with the addition of Brown. Honestly though, if you gave the Bucs our WR and us theirs I don't think a lot changes for either team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy is 7th in the NFL in passing yardage, but 19th in the NFL in yardage through the air. He's probably benefitting more than anyone from YAC.

Just like Brady’s system is meant to do. 
 

For years the huddle screamed for Cam to get the ball out quicker. We draft guys like CMC, Samuel and Moore for this exact reason. Now we have a OC that utilizes these guys the way they were intended for and the Huddle bashes the QB. 
 

Classic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...